Updating to CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

about crm 2013, i did several searches but i still have some doubts. After the update to crm 2013, i would like to know if the default screens and the default forms will be automatically update or i will be able to use the updating later. Can i use current forms and customizations after the update? Can i work in CRM without considering the update?

Thanks

Monday, November 4, 2013 9:09 AM

Answers

• The forms will look similar although there will be a lot more white space as the typical CRM 2011 layout was usually 2 columns while 2013 is 3 so after the upgrade the forms themselves will still function but you might consider laying them out better at some point. Any customizations made through the user interface as far as adding fields and such will come over just fine.  As for customizations, if any custom code was written and was fully supported by CRM 2011 should work in 2013 but also have received emails from Microsoft that indicate any upsupported code that might potentially break after an upgrade. Those items should be addressed accordingly for a smooth upgrade. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:07 PM

All replies

• The forms will look similar although there will be a lot more white space as the typical CRM 2011 layout was usually 2 columns while 2013 is 3 so after the upgrade the forms themselves will still function but you might consider laying them out better at some point. Any customizations made through the user interface as far as adding fields and such will come over just fine.  As for customizations, if any custom code was written and was fully supported by CRM 2011 should work in 2013 but also have received emails from Microsoft that indicate any upsupported code that might potentially break after an upgrade. Those items should be addressed accordingly for a smooth upgrade. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:07 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for your answer, but I still have some doubts on the initial impact on the user.

I can't understand if, after the upgrade, the user will see the previous menu, interface and forms (as if nothing had changed, leaving to the administrator the transition to the new version) or, if in any case the user will have a new interface in which to operate.

Thanks.

• Edited by Robps2 Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Ok,

the user sees the new interface and the new forms, but with the new interface, he can select individual previous forms.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Does that mean I need not do anything to the forms as long as I am satisfied with the form I see, which will be Account for Account Entity,. But I still can see Information. is it the old form. do I need to inactivate it or can it stay there? there are some customized maps there. should I bring it over to the account form. I merged it and took out things not needed . is that a right approach.

thanks

pf

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:47 PM