Personal Website? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey..

Anyone is running website?

Means Do you own any domain or are you Admin of any website?

Saturday, May 26, 2007 5:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Dear Friend,

Greetings, yes I am specialized in my domains.

1. www.sjcmca.com (Owner, Administrator) I did for my department my full contribution to my department

2. www.fredyjs.spaces.live.com (Domain provided by Hotmail MSN)

3. www.sjctni.edu (one of the administrator) my college website

Regards,

Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:07 AM
  •  

Hey Fredrick, Nice websites...

anyone else...

I am also running 4 websites.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:11 AM
  • @Hiren, i am a frelance web designer and developer and have done many projects. I am also the admin for the following websites:

http://www.benq.com

http://www.baigandassociates.com

http://www.svechha.org

These are some examples of my work, please let me know your feedback.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:02 AM
  • though i don't own or run any site, but i do want to publish my own website on internet soon
    Sunday, May 27, 2007 12:24 PM
  • well, not many websites under my belt , for the time being i have 1, i am the administrator of my colleges IEEE - R&D website...

@adnan - Are you really the admin of benq??? now thats cool?....is it your  job basis?..how did u end up being admin for benq.com????
    Sunday, May 27, 2007 12:47 PM
  • @Anoop, i developed some components for the website including the flash animations. I am not the current admin for the benq website, but i am administering other websites including the one for my college.
    Sunday, May 27, 2007 3:08 PM
  •  

I am running many webistes.

I have also started webhosting..

check my website http://hikoweb.org for that.

If any one wants to start personal website,

I can suggest a very good and very cheap option.

Don't consider website's rate, It's not for you guys.

It's for general public.

If you are interested, then contact @

http://hikoweb.org/Support.html 

You can also check(varify) that it is my site.

see my name as a administrator on that page.

Monday, May 28, 2007 7:12 AM
  • oh kool...many web designers here
    Monday, May 28, 2007 1:58 PM
  • me  not a admin though ... and not own any domain ...

Check mine  www.mohansworld.co.nr

Regards
    Mohan
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:17 AM
  • Guys....

i am really shocked to see here that u all have ur own websites and administrating over it. if compared to u all, i am really down, because,. i didnt thought of creating any website. but maybe in later. but i kindly asking advices that, how to create best websites. plz pour ur plenty knowledge little to me.

Bye

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:44 PM
  • So many guys here are website admins and personal website owners.. I haven't created my website yet.. I know the basics in HTML.. Can u guys teach me, how to create a website and how to administer it?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:43 PM
  •  

@Raghuram

You can develop a personal website in HTML also.

But you can develop a good website with coding in either PHP or ASP.

Other skills like Perl, Java Script, CGI, CSS, Flash, etc are optional.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:57 PM
  •  

Hello all,

i don't have website n i'm not an admin of any site.

but i have created many blogs.

plz read my blog indian student n give suggetions to me.

first of all tell me what i have to learn to build a website.

plz frndz....................................

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:11 AM
  • i did'nt own any website...

gr8  to see tht there r a lot youth in this field.... 

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:37 PM
  • @akshat

u can make blogs.
     they r easy to made and r vry much popular too.
    and you can earn mioney from thm
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:39 PM
  •  

hi mayank,

can u tell me? how can we earn money from blogs?

Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:21 AM
  • If you are interested in learning HTML in building your own website and administering it, i suggest you read the tutorials in http://forums.microsoft.com/SamVaad/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1475078&SiteID=43

If you have any quiries, please feel free to ask me...

Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:10 AM
  •  Hema an Indian Student wrote:

hi mayank,

can u tell me? how can we earn money from blogs?

You can allow advertisements to be put on your blog. and you will get paid for it. Google Adsense is one of the most popular way.
    https://www.google.com/adsense/
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:04 AM
  •  

oh, gr8

it is really helpfull   message to me harhil

thank you.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:09 AM
  • i had heard about google adsense a lot, and people telling that u get paid for the clicks u have for ur site...i always wondered how?...if anybody has tried it then pls brief me about it....i havbe also heard that they pay u very less, like for thousands of clicks u get a few rs
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:30 AM
  • Geocities is also a option
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:59 PM
  •  

Hello guys..

I have tried and used Google Adsense program.

I was running 2 websites with more than 1000 hits per day.

but when my earning reached at $120,

Google had deleted my account without any clarification.

Google cheated me.

So, I am giving advice not to use Google Adsense for earning.

Try other websites.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:23 PM
  • bad luck Hiren.Many people are earning from adsense  Smile
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:45 PM
  • Frankly, I am not very much impressed by the work of so called Webdevelopers and Admins. Most of them use their college websites to show their skills.
    I want to know if any of them host a server himself?
    And is there any one who has his OWN website.... personal or professional.
    Like, I do have:  http://www.m3ian.org and http://www.m3xian.info as my professional and personal website. also I am admin of many more site. Approx: 10 more!
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:59 PM
  • Yeah, I agree. Google uses a nice system to keep an eye over the various websites affiliated for its adsense programme. I trust them. Google adsense is cool one indeed.
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:10 PM
  • @Rahul - I have seen both your sites, they are nice . Where do you host your websites ? do you know any cheap solution to host personal sites. One of the best are godaddy, i think its a bit expensive than others in the competition.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 3:52 AM
  • Check this out, this is really really cool !!

Google Custom Search Engine

Harness the power of Google search

Create a highly specialized Custom Search Engine that reflects your knowledge and interests. Place it on your website and, using our AdSense for Search program, make money from the resulting traffic.

See examples of how a Custom Search Engine works.

What you can do with a Custom Search Engine

• Place a search box and search results on your website.
    • Specify or prioritize the sites you want to include in searches.
    • Customize the look and feel to match your website.
    • Invite your community to contribute to the search engine.

Create your own search engine

Harness the power of Google search technology to create a free Custom Search Engine that reflects your knowledge and interests - and make money from the resulting traffic.

Deliver specialized search results

Let users integrate your information or services into their Google search results with Subscribed Links.

Help users refine their searches

Use your expertise to help improve Google web search for specific subjects by labeling the best sites with topics.

Friday, June 1, 2007 7:14 AM
  • yes man its really nice. One can add those in their websites, and improve the searches Smile
    Friday, June 1, 2007 8:13 AM
  •  

@Rahul

I am not agree with you.

Google is cheating in 60% cases.

Because I have seen lots of such cases in different forums.

Google is best only for big publshers.

I have very bad experience with Google.

have you received any payment from Google.

Second thing, Most of users have told that they are not good web developer.

They have just started.

So, We should not disappointed them by telling that "Sites are not impressive"

by the way, You sites are also not too much impressive.

Check my websites...

http://hikoweb.org  

for my webhosting company

http://entertainz.info

I developped this site before worldcup.

Many people have enjoyed this site.

It was about virtual worldcup and like Stock exchange.

http://worldz.info

It's under construction. I will release it in July month.

Friday, June 1, 2007 8:56 AM
  •  

I have tried google adsense,

i have register with one site but got a mail as unable to aceess like that... from them.

how can i register?

can i register with a blog url?

can any body tell me?

Friday, June 1, 2007 9:05 AM
  • nice sites. Well formatted and good design. specially that flash one Smile
    Friday, June 1, 2007 9:13 AM
  • @ Hiren - Good job.. The sites are very impressive...

Great to see entrepreneurs here...

Friday, June 1, 2007 10:37 AM
  • You have very impressive websites, Hiren.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:33 PM
  • and also neatly organized and arranged. Things are easy to find. Also that Mouse Hover sound was nice Wink
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:02 PM
  •  

Thanks guys...

You can also create your personal / professional website

at almost free of cost (Hosting)..

Saturday, June 2, 2007 8:12 AM
  • Hey Hiren, i already got a domain name, right now i am doing paid hosting , Please let me know more about the frer hosting, where i can use my already existing domain name.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 8:42 AM
  • Hello Hiren,

Who told you that Google is making people fool out there. I don't know from where you learned this man. And for the forum, please read there for some time and you will come to know that people are making websites just to make money. Even they copy other website (and some even dont know how to copy their code to their websites!), using fake and WHOIS, black hat marketing etc. So, if they are violating the TOC they must be punished.

I have received payments from Google adsense many times. Last time I got it two months back. And the payment system was nice.

And for the impressiveness of the websites.........

I think this forum and event is for Technical students. And when they are being asked for web developed and web hosting, they are showing up their work. And I am rating on that basis. I am also a student. And I run my own server and websites. That was my meaning. I didn't have any personal attack on anyone for sure.

My sites are not impressive: you are correct but at least I am doing something myself ! And earning around 15000 Rs from them every month.
    Your site are impressive, no doubt.

Have fun, cheers!

Sunday, June 3, 2007 3:25 AM
  • Hi Harshil,

Thanks buddy.

I host my website on my own server actually. But, I run some sites on hosting package too. If you want to start your own website, do write to me, I will surely try my best to get you one nice.
    Wishes for you.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 3:29 AM
  •  

I don't think so Rahul.

because I and some of my friends have very bad experience of Google.

@Harshil

if you want to get good hosting like me,

IM me on my yahoo id hirenkotadiya

Please mention your domain name.

Sunday, June 3, 2007 9:15 AM
  • Thanks Rahul and Hiren., for the offers.

Right now i am already on a paid plan , i will rely let ya guys know when it expires, i think it will expire in few months Wink

I had 1 year subscription from godaddy , and then from netfirms ... I think they are both costly. netfirm being a bit cheaper than godaddy
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:08 AM
  • Whats your website URL ?   Mine is : www.m3xian.org
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 10:32 PM
  •  

Hello rahul,

your site is good , but it has to upadate yaar.

update it as early as possible.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:42 AM
  • Yup. Thanks Hema. Actually I has been using this website for some academic and business use till date. Only  before last 4 days I created it in this format. And sadly I am in middest of my exams. . Still I will update it ASAP.
    Nice to hear from you. If you also need any info and assistance from my side over any issue, I will be doing it gladly. Take Care. Cheers.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:57 PM
  • I dont got anything in my website though. Its just a *** right now.
    I dont get any time to work on it.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 2:05 PM
  • Great to learn that lots of people have servers and are very much into web development. Could somebody tell me the complete procedure to generate revenue from websites? I want to know if there is an alternative to Google Adsense?
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:39 PM
  • I think there are other options other than Google Adsense. May be Geocities, i am not sure about it though, someone correct me if i am wrong. Also if anyone has more info about it, please post.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:57 PM
  •  

You can try CJ (commission Junction) instead of Adsense.

and there are many other ad networks also.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:30 AM
  • Thanks man, ill surely do google for CJ and see how it is Smile may be ill give it a try too.

thanks for the info.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:11 AM
  • Hi Harshil,

With Geocities one cannot earn revenue actually. Its available in two categories viz.
    Free Hosting and Primum pack.
    With Free Hosting you get a lot of features to host your website but there are some constraints ther, like limited webspace (15 MB) no ftp support, ads are displayed on your websire by yahoo etc. So, you cannot earn with this option.

Second, with premium pack you can earn some money by displaying ads, like Google adsense or YPN. 

There are many other option except Google adsense but they are not that seamless and ergonomic. For the Google blocking publishers, I can only say that Google is very sophisticated in their systems and if you have been banned by them and you are innocent, just contact them and they will help you out (My friend was banned and he called them and now he is enjoying adsense again!). But in the end, its one perception how he put things together.

Have a great day. Cheers.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:29 AM
  • I think Google adsense is very easy to configure, and also earn. Though the earning is not much, its better than nothing.

Thanks Rahul for explaining the two packages offered by geocities, i thought that also the free one supported to host other ads except yahoo. Thanks for clearing my doubt in this.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 11:51 AM
  • Welcome Harshil.

Yep, adsense is easy to implement. In case you need my assistance for your website, I will be there.  Smile
     And with free geocities account you can put your (google) ads there but soon google will ban you. (as its violation of their Terms and Conditions). So, in case you want to put your ads there, better have premium package.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 12:38 PM
  • @Rahul, thanks for the info.

So if i just have Google ads on my page can i start earning revenue? How many visitors should i have per day to have a decent earning? What techniques can you suggest for increasing page hits, apart from search engine optimization and promotion? More info in this reegard is highly appreciated.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 1:16 PM
  • Congrats for all those who handle several websites. There should be good no of efforts for those who would like to do one for their own or to their college or department.

Regards,

Thursday, June 7, 2007 1:24 PM
  • @Rahul -  I have already tried google adsense, but i didn;t get any revenue from it as the number of hits for the websites are very very less Stick out tongue

you can earn only uf your number of hits for your page are high, else the money earned is almost negligible.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 1:33 PM
  • Speaking of money, why dont you register with mGinger. The site offers to pay money for ads received on your mobile. Please visit

http://www.mginger.com/index.jsp?inviteId=214030

Friday, June 8, 2007 10:09 AM
  • I have received only 1 sms so far. Sad I think they will get started when they find more members Smile
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:05 PM
  • Hello, Adnan!
    You will be earning revenue by adding google adsense to your website. But the amount you will be earning will depend on the traffic your website have and its content. Actually no one knows the criteria google uses to pay you. But all you can do is to use SEO and a nice content and design.
    And to increase the page hits, dont use black hat tricks in any case or you will find yourself banned from adsense.

I cannot describe all the techniques for a nice search engine ranking and optimization here. In case you want to know in much detail, drop me an email. I will be assisting you in this regard.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:14 AM
  • Yeah, I also think so. I also haven't received any sms from them yet.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:15 AM