Issues after reinstalling windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have recently reinstalled windows 7, before I did it I made a backup and did the old copy and paste backup also. I have windows up and running again and ran the backup, but non of the old programs that was installed is back. How do I get them back, is there a way to just reinstall everything from the backups I made or do I have to reinstall all the programs one by one from their discs?

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:33 PM Not a "Forums Issues" question
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:32 AM

Answers

• This forum is for questions about the forums platform. I think you should ask this question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum. I cannot move this question there, so you should ask your question in this link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• What kind of backups did you make? Usually, backups would include data files, not programs. You will have to install programs one by one.

Also, note that this forum is NOT for technical questions on software, but for discussions of Forums Issues. A moderator may move your thread to a more appropriate location, though.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:56 AM
  • This forum is for questions about the forums platform. I think you should ask this question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum. I cannot move this question there, so you should ask your question in this link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:04 PM