MSF & ClickOnce RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to deploy MSF dll's through ClickOnce ?

I'm asking this question since I saw that there were unmanaged COM components that need to be registered.

Thanks

Philippe

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:35 AM

Answers

• I am not familiar with MAGEUI.  But I would assume that you would need to author your own custom bootstrapper package first.  Look here for some instructions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730839.aspx 

Unfortunately MSF does not currently support per user installs, so there is no way around the need for elevated priviledges. 

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:06 PM

All replies

• No, currently Microsoft Sync Framework can be installed with normal msi but not possible from ClickOnce.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Do you intend to make it ClickOnce compatible ?

If no, do you see any solution ?

My client PC's have no right to install in ProgramFiles.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:37 AM
  • MSF requires admin priviledges because it writes files to Program Files and it installs assemblies to the GAC.  Do you want Click Once to avoid that constraint?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:47 AM
  • I think I can add a ClickOnce dependency to the MSF msi file.

I'm using MAGEUI to deal with the manifests but it doesn't allow me to add that dependency.

Do you know how to create it ?

I'm also very interrested if you know how to avoid the priviledge constraint.

Thanks

Philippe

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 8:30 AM
  • I am not familiar with MAGEUI.  But I would assume that you would need to author your own custom bootstrapper package first.  Look here for some instructions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730839.aspx 

Unfortunately MSF does not currently support per user installs, so there is no way around the need for elevated priviledges. 

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:06 PM