Saving files RRS feed

• Question

• I have read instructions for that when I receive the genuine office 2007 that I have to delete the programme from my computer  I was using before I instal the new one!! But it does not say how to save the files and work that I already have??

Or am I stupid??
    Monday, March 16, 2009 3:13 PM

Answers

• Frankcpt,

If you installed Office with the default settings unchanged, all of the documents you created and saved with Office are actually saved somewhere within the "My Documents" structure of Windows.

Uninstalling Office suites or individual Office programs will NOT delete the documents saved as above.

That being said, it's always a great practice to backup any files on your computer that you cannot afford to lose, and it's never been easier or cheaper or faster for individual users to backup their files.  Backup to CD, DVD, flash drive, external hard drive, or onto another computer if you are on a home or office network, or to online backup services.

Good Luck!
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 16, 2009 5:27 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 3:35 PM

All replies

• Frankcpt,

If you installed Office with the default settings unchanged, all of the documents you created and saved with Office are actually saved somewhere within the "My Documents" structure of Windows.

Uninstalling Office suites or individual Office programs will NOT delete the documents saved as above.

That being said, it's always a great practice to backup any files on your computer that you cannot afford to lose, and it's never been easier or cheaper or faster for individual users to backup their files.  Backup to CD, DVD, flash drive, external hard drive, or onto another computer if you are on a home or office network, or to online backup services.

Good Luck!
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 16, 2009 5:27 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Thanks Dan, I will check it all out. I think I know where most of them are but was worried about the new prog not picing them up, I will find them all anyway and do a back up!!

Cheers
    Monday, March 16, 2009 4:30 PM