Dynamics SQL Collation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    We're about to install Dynamics 4.0 and I'm involved in the deployment design from the DBA side.
    Our standard build is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, and I would like our Dynamics database to conform to this, to remove the risk of collation conflicts.
    Is there any way for this to be done on install? It appears that even if you use a template install, that the SQL collation is rejected.
    If not, is changing the collation after install (but before the load of any data) supported?
    Thanks
    Ewan

If you have found this post helpful, please click the 'Vote as Helpful' link (the green triangle and number on the top-left).

If this post answers your question, click the 'Mark As Answered' link below. It helps others who experience the same issue in future to find the solution.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Ewan,

As far as I know changing the collation is not supported. 
    Although It is recommended that you accept the default collation at install time you should be able to set the required Latin1_General collation.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ewan Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:32 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Ewan,

As far as I know changing the collation is not supported. 
    Although It is recommended that you accept the default collation at install time you should be able to set the required Latin1_General collation.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ewan Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:32 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Hi Hassan

Thanks for the response.

I've resigned myself to having to accept the Windows collation, and therefore it's irrelevant which sensitivity option is chosen during install - the significant detail is that it's different from the server colaltion.

Ewan

If you have found this post helpful, please click the 'Vote as Helpful' link (the green triangle and number on the top-left).

If this post answers your question, click the 'Mark As Answered' link below. It helps others who experience the same issue in future to find the solution.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:31 PM