none
Invalid Word RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a new Gateway computer several years ago from Gateway.  This software was already installed on it from the factory.  I just started getting these "invalid" messages a month or two ago.  I've tried to figure out your website, but I can not understand what it's telling me to do.  Frankly, I'm VERY disspointed with Microsoft because I know my software was bought and paid for, and now you're givning me a hassle.  I want the damned messages to go away.
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Mizzou74, 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Please Note: Most people that have a computer that came Pre-installed with Windows that is now showing as Non-Genuine have had thier computer worked on by a Repair person or a friend, in the past.  In the process of repairing the problem, the repair person reinstall Windows.  But instead of using the proper Product Key (on the sticker on the side of bottom of the computer) they will instead download and install a pirated version off the internet.  They may have done this due to Lazyness, or they thought they were doing you a favor by upgradeing Windows to the Pro version for "free". Often the person doesn't even know that what they are doing would cause problems for you, later on.

This is usually resolved by reinstalling Windows using the Product key on the sticker on the side or bottom of the computer.

Thank you,
    Darin MS

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 19, 2010 8:07 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:12 PM

All replies

• I purchased a new Gateway computer several years ago from Gateway.  This software was already installed on it from the factory.  I just started getting these "invalid" messages a month or two ago.  I've tried to figure out your website, but I can not understand what it's telling me to do.  Frankly, I'm VERY disspointed with Microsoft because I know my software was bought and paid for, and now you're givning me a hassle.  Please tell me, in plain language that it doesn't take a computer geek to understand, how to stop the messages.
    • Merged by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:13 PM same issue
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:44 PM
  • Hello Mizzou74, 

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Please Note: Most people that have a computer that came Pre-installed with Windows that is now showing as Non-Genuine have had thier computer worked on by a Repair person or a friend, in the past.  In the process of repairing the problem, the repair person reinstall Windows.  But instead of using the proper Product Key (on the sticker on the side of bottom of the computer) they will instead download and install a pirated version off the internet.  They may have done this due to Lazyness, or they thought they were doing you a favor by upgradeing Windows to the Pro version for "free". Often the person doesn't even know that what they are doing would cause problems for you, later on.

This is usually resolved by reinstalling Windows using the Product key on the sticker on the side or bottom of the computer.

Thank you,
    Darin MS

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 19, 2010 8:07 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:12 PM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    Friday, February 19, 2010 8:06 PM