Ie 7.0 Update alert RRS feed

• Question

•  

one care alerted me that there is a update from ie 6.0 to ie 7.0

so I clicked the Update Now button and Updated ie to 7.0

after the update to ie 7.0 I noticed that the browser would not show a large amount of web site content.

when performing a web search on google , live search , or any other search engine there was no content showing up.

there were results showing in the thousands but nothing visible.

so I dropped down the on the ( view ) link on the tool bar and went to ( view - source ) and all the information was there

but to sort it out was all but fun.

coppying and pasting the URL's from the source file into the address bar was a bit much for this old coot.

So I uninstalled ie 7.0...

now I can see the content again.

The Problem is probably already being handeled by the ie team but my Problem is that the alert is always there.

I would like to see a green one care icon on my taskbar again until the ie problem is fixed and I re-install ie 7.0 !!!

is there a way to turn off this alert , or will it remain until I install ie 7.0 again to turn the icon green again

and also install another browser to use as a browser?

Im not putting ie down I just think that a browser should work as a browser.

It may be that I dont have the appropriate fonts installed on this box in which case the browser should revert to

a font that I do have installed or download and install the needed font automatically.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:50 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with IE7 on your PC, but until you are running IE7, OneCare will continue to show you to be at risk and there is no way to turn that warning off. I trust that the IE support people will be able to resolve it for you.

-steve

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:54 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with IE7 on your PC, but until you are running IE7, OneCare will continue to show you to be at risk and there is no way to turn that warning off. I trust that the IE support people will be able to resolve it for you.

-steve

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:54 PM
  • I have to access several computer systems that are only compatible with IE6....it is work related.  Since the nag for updating cannot be turned off in Live is it possible to run both IE6 and IE7 and if so...how?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:21 PM
  • You cannot run both IE6 and IE7 on the same PC.

Are the systems you need IE6 for compatible with Firefox? I have a router that I can't access with IE7, but it works fine from Firefox. That may be worth a try for you.

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:40 PM