Microsoft Money 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Have been using Money since 2005 - Ireland

Had archived each year (eg archive 2005, 2006 , 2007 etc) and only working with figures current year.

My login in was Live ID password with the remember password box ticked on each archived year.

I needed to look up some information from 2006 and when I put in the disk with that info the password box was blank.  I tried my current Hotmail/Outlook password and that didn't work.  Ok so I thought its not terribly serious if I don't retrieve the info from 2006, but when I put in the current year, the password box is also blank.  I have tried my current hotmail/outlook password and that's not opening up the files for me. Reading the forums it doesn't appear as if there is much support for users who find themselves in this situation.  Surely if I can sign in successfully into my hotmail account I should be able to sign into my money account which is the same email address albeit with an earlier password?

Has anyone had any success in being able to access their own bought and paid for files.

Caro

Friday, May 24, 2013 3:21 PM

All replies

• Nobody with a Live ID on a Money file has had success getting in without remembering the email address and password.

Disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your ethernet cable or turn off
    your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, click below the
    password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly,
    without access to all online services." then click Next.

While you havealready changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file. Do not bother trying to use the password that you tried to switch to.

The password is case-sensitive.  If you are not sure of your
    credentials, write down what you remember.  Consider permutations.
    Check your notes.  You will not get into the file without those
    credentials in effect when the file was saved. Keep a pad and pencil by your bed.

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:31 PM
  • Hi Cal

Thanks for your reply.

I did try this and still the same error message.

One thing that struck me - I still have the same Hotmail (now outlook) name and account - which opens on my new password.  Has anyone tried to get onto Microsoft to request a list of  old passwords on their account?  Mind you trying to find an email address at which to request this information would be like looking for a hen's tooth.

I like your last sentence - like going to sleep with the thought " I WILL remember my password from 2006 and all subsequent passwords since then". 

Caro

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:38 PM