About LTE implementation with Sora RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to ask some questions about building a LTE demo with Sora, 1. Could current Sora product (including radio front-end and anneta) support LTE specific frequencies? 2. Is Sora assume to be powerful enough to run LTE protocol on a 1ms subframe basis with HARQ operation? 3. What's the maximum transmit power of Sora RF component? Thx
    Monday, September 20, 2010 1:22 AM

Answers

• I'd like to ask some questions about building a LTE demo with Sora, 1. Could current Sora product (including radio front-end and anneta) support LTE specific frequencies? 2. Is Sora assume to be powerful enough to run LTE protocol on a 1ms subframe basis with HARQ operation? 3. What's the maximum transmit power of Sora RF component? Thx

Hi,

1. Current Sora hardware comes with only 2.4GHz RF front-end and anntena support. So it does not satisfy the LTE standards. But you can do every LTE PHY/MAC research or prototyping in 2.4GHz band since Sora is a full-programmable software radio platform.

2. I assume so. We have built a LTE demo system using Sora (w/ 2.4GHz RF of coz) ourselves. But we don't implement HARQ.

3. The RF components are not made by us actually. Current you can use either USRP RF daughter-board (XCVR2450) or WARP RF daughter-board from Rice. You may find these parameters from their sites. For example, XCVR2450 said its maximal transmission power is 100mW.

- Kun

• Marked as answer by Kun Tan Sunday, October 31, 2010 9:04 AM
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 9:42 AM