SyncToy Access Denied errors RRS feed

  • Question

  • I was running SyncToy fine over a Home Network. Then a handful of errors started to appear but not too bad.

    Then I swapped Antivirus and SyncToy had a seizure: almost no files synchronise. Typically I might get 10 or 15 files synchronising, but 700 or 800 failed operations.

    The    errors are:

    for New & Overwrite operations
    "Error: Unknown error, Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) etc etc"

    for Create directory
    "Error: Cannot write to the destination file, Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) etc etc"

    I tried the following to no avail:

    Checking file permissions

    Creating new Home Network 

    Deleting and reinventing folder pair

    Uninstalling and re-installing (fresh SyncToy 2.1)

    Reinstalling Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0

    I can see all files and folders just fine between computers (both ways) with no problem under Network in Explorer

    Also, a few files do sync.

    After 2 weeks my next plan is to make votive sacrifices unless someone can help!

    Here's hoping someone has an answer....!

    Many thanks.

    Friday, November 6, 2015 6:07 PM

All replies

  • PS I should have added that I uninstalled my new Antivirus and reinstalled my old one in the hope that this would help: no change. This change preceded all of the above.
    Friday, November 6, 2015 6:09 PM
  • OK - I guess this forum is less responsive than SyncToy!

    Wanders off to find a forum with people in it.....

    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:46 PM