Can't find what I want or get any thing to happen...... RRS feed

• Question

•  

The navigation on this site leaves so much to be desired. I bought a one care cd from circuit city. I think I have activated it but as of yet I can't verify. I am being told to "sign up" befor the temporary version runs out. It will not allow me to enter the code from the box as it runs out of space, the bracket will not hold the proper number of digets to enter the entire code,in order to go to the next step.

Initialy I removed the temporary version, or so I think I did, and installed the store bought cd and followed the directions. I was under the impresion I had done what was required to get it going but apparently there is a glitch.

This is a new computer with the vista operating system so everything seems even more alien than usual.

If you can help please do......Talk slow and use littel words and I'll do my best to follow.

Thanks    

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:30 AM

Answers

• The product key to enter at activation is 25 characters long in blocks of 5. It can be found on a yellow/orange label *inside* the retail package, usually on the back of the CD holder if you have the newer packaging.

There was no need to remove the trial version when you bought the retail copy, but no harm done in having done so, except that you are still in trial mode until you can complete activation. The trial version is the full version of OneCare.

If you need help with activation, please contact support via email per the instructions here:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:24 PM

All replies

• The product key to enter at activation is 25 characters long in blocks of 5. It can be found on a yellow/orange label *inside* the retail package, usually on the back of the CD holder if you have the newer packaging.

There was no need to remove the trial version when you bought the retail copy, but no harm done in having done so, except that you are still in trial mode until you can complete activation. The trial version is the full version of OneCare.

If you need help with activation, please contact support via email per the instructions here:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:24 PM
  • Steve thanks for the reply

This site is a vicious circle. I have enterd my 25 didget code, but after I do then it will not take me to the "next step" for installing, meerly my only choice is another help box that doesn't have anything to do with continuing the instalation. Evidently I am still in the trial mode and cannot get the activation to take. This program may be the best that there is but it isnt worth anything if I can't get it to install. I wouldnt own a car that I can't drive.

What can I do after entering the 25 didget code? What should I be looking at?

The link you posted just shoots me back into a never ending circle of question/answer sinarios that do not apply.   

Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:45 AM
  • II am trying to subscibe to windows live care one after enjoying your trial period of 90 days. While in the process of subscribing, I found the country was defaulted to Unites States. I am from the Philippines and I can not subscribe since postal code, country and state (default drop) can not be changed.

My trial subscription is about to expire tomorrow, How can I activiate my subscription and/or pay for the subscription I would get?
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:40 AM
  •  

I have exactly the same problem (but in Australia) - have you solved it yet.  I can't subscribe until I can work out how to put Australian details in.
    Friday, February 29, 2008 6:20 AM
  •  Tinkerdamit wrote:

Steve thanks for the reply

This site is a vicious circle. I have enterd my 25 didget code, but after I do then it will not take me to the "next step" for installing, meerly my only choice is another help box that doesn't have anything to do with continuing the instalation. Evidently I am still in the trial mode and cannot get the activation to take. This program may be the best that there is but it isnt worth anything if I can't get it to install. I wouldnt own a car that I can't drive.

What can I do after entering the 25 didget code? What should I be looking at?

The link you posted just shoots me back into a never ending circle of question/answer sinarios that do not apply.   

When you enter the key and click next, it should be completed and the subscription certification is returned to the local copy *unless* it is blocked by another firewall or similar conflicting program. If your key is not accepted, you should get an error. I don't know where you are directed for Help, unless you are not reporting an error message that is being returned.

The link I posted is to a forum FAQ entry that explains exactly how to open an email support case as a trial user. Follow the steps exactly - there are no questions and answers unless you aren't following the steps and type a question in the search box.

-steve

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:22 PM
  •  Danilo Magtibay wrote:
    II am trying to subscibe to windows live care one after enjoying your trial period of 90 days. While in the process of subscribing, I found the country was defaulted to Unites States. I am from the Philippines and I can not subscribe since postal code, country and state (default drop) can not be changed.

My trial subscription is about to expire tomorrow, How can I activiate my subscription and/or pay for the subscription I would get?

You will not be able to subscribe/Activate in the Philippines:

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

-steve

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:23 PM