Logging in from W7 isn't working anymore RRS feed

• Question

• This weekend I blew a fuse at home resulting in that my WHS box stopped. When booting it again it ran the disk check, found some bad sectors, fixed them and continued. So far, so good.

When I tried to access the server from my W7 box I got an error saying I got the wrong password. This is a bit strange since I use a Net Use batch script mapping my WHS sharepoints which worked flawlessly before the crash).

I checked my user account (in the Computer management/users and groups/Users) and found it locked. I unlocked it and tried to log in. Same result (wrong password message).

I tried logging in with other accounts but came up with same result.

I created a new account and tried logging in with that. Same result.

I've tried resetting the password on my W7 box and on my WHS box with the WHS console (I can't remember the correct term right now sitting at work) and it seemed to work (it indicated so at least). When logging in I got the same result as before.

I tried the "rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr " but without success.

I've uninstalled the WHS console (on the W7 box) but no change in logging in.

I can however access the WHS from other computers and I can access it from my W7 box with RDP.

What shall I do?

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:05 AM

Answers

• Check the time and time zone on your server, the Windows 7 computer you're having a problem with, and a computer you aren't having issues with.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by phred1 Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:32 PM

All replies

• Check the time and time zone on your server, the Windows 7 computer you're having a problem with, and a computer you aren't having issues with.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by phred1 Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:32 PM
  • Embarrassing.. I thought I had checked the Time settings at least a hundred times. The year, date and time was correct but the clock was one month off!

Tnx Ken!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:35 PM