can't login in Live Meeting 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed ocs 2007 enterprise and then activated live meeting , when I want to login in live meeting I recieve this message:

"cannot connect to server because the information in the User Accounts dialog might be

incorect or improperly formatted. Please verify that this information is correct, and then

click Test Connection .If you still can't connect, the server might not be available
    ."

and I see 2 note in event viewer that point to ConfAPI:
    1-
    "The description for Event ID ( 7 ) in Source ( ConfAPI ) cannot be found. The local computer

may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages

from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this

description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the

event: ConfAPI; pool.contoso.com; 10.10.10.30; 5060; 10061."

AND
    2-
    "The description for Event ID ( 7 ) in Source ( ConfAPI ) cannot be found. The local computer

may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages

from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this

description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the

event: ConfAPI; sip.contoso.com; 10.10.10.30; 443; 10061.
    "

Please help me
     i have installed ocs 2007 standard eval and activated live meeting and it work correctly but in enterprise edition I recieved these problems
    Thank you

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:13 AM

Answers

• I solved this problem
    Only 1 srv record
    _sipinternaltls._tcp.<doamin>
    that point to pool.<domain>(pool record)
    add to dns and solved all of problem
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:18 PM

All replies

• I solved this problem
    Only 1 srv record
    _sipinternaltls._tcp.<doamin>
    that point to pool.<domain>(pool record)
    add to dns and solved all of problem
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:18 PM
  •  

I am having this issue as well.  So far I have:

1. Created the appropriate SRV record (obviously)

2. Installed the latest LM 2007 client.

The manual configuration works fine, but it never seems to connect automatically.  My Windows domain ends in .local and my users' sip URI's end in .com (same as the email addresses.)  I am not sure if this is an issue, so I created SRV records in both domains, but this did not help either.

I don't wan't to do reg hacks or custom ADMs, this software should work out of the box.  This causes issues down the road.

Does anyone have some insight into this issue?

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:46 PM
  • Hi,

I am having these exact issues, When you added the SRV records did you add them internally or externally. I have added a few records externally with no luck on the auto connect. Any help would be great!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:04 PM
  • I did end up fixing this.  I switched the sip.domain.com internal split DNS zone from a CNAME to my enterprise OCS pool to an A record pointing to the IP of my enterprise OCS pool.

What funny is that the CNAME worked with the communicator client, but not the LM client.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:26 PM