none
Complex chords RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I would like to convert simple chords like A to Aadd9, Aadd11 but there is no option. also chords like Dsus2, get automatically converted to Dsus4, etc..?

I love this software and use it daily, but it frustrates me that I have to Export the Midi and then transpose notes to the ones I need.

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers

TPJ

Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your interest in Songsmith.  Extensions like add9, add11, and sus2 are definitely supported; you can click on any measure and type "Dsus2", and you'll get a Dsus2.  Here's what I expect is happening here; correct me if I'm wrong... if you type in "Dsus2" and press "play", you'll hear a Dsus2.  If you now do anything that causes the whole chord sequence to be re-generated (e.g. changing the "happy" or "jazzy" sliders, or recording again), every chord gets re-generated, and it's unlikely that measure will still be assigned a Dsus2. 

But there's good news!  If you click the little arrow next to your Dsus2 and click "lock", you'll see a little lock icon come up on the chord.  Now it won't change, even when you do things that cause all the other chords to get re-generated.

Hope that helps!

-Dan

Friday, November 9, 2018 1:45 AM
    Owner