Where do I send my Counterfeit MS Office CD to get the Complimentary offer? RRS feed

• Question

• I reported the counterfeit Office Pro 2007 CD on line to MS and received a Report # ID but NO INFORMATION as the where and how to send the counterfeit in order to obtain the advertised MS Complimentary Genuine Office CD.

Anybody has been through this and can help?

Thanks.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 6:17 PM

Answers

• Hi GigiScala,

It turns out I was completly wrong. (I have deleted my post that had the incorrect information)

The Complimentary Offer submittion section is only available to people who have gone through Office Validation and are non-genuine. On the Office non-genuine page, there’s a sidebar that provides a link to the Office counterfeit report flow (should be the 3rd section down on the right habd side of the page titled "Request a Complimentary copy of Office")

If the customer did try to submit a counterfeit Report through the sidebar link, then at the end of submission, they should have seen the following information, which would give them the address to send all the relevant documentation.

-------------------------------------

Counterfet Software Report
    The final step in qualifying for the Genuine Office Complimentary Office is to print the report and mail it in along with the documentation of the non-genuine software.

Instructions
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Print a copy of the counterfeit report:
           Printer Friendly Report <link to a printer friendly version of the report>

2.  Collect the following documentation required to process your report:
           * Your counterfeit software including the disk, the box it came in, the certificate of authenticity, and any manuals.

3.  Mail the report and documentation to:

Microsoft Genuine Advantage (WGA/OGA)
               5148 Peach Street #332
               Erie, PA 16509
               U.S.A.

4.  (Optional) Click this link to email an image of your counterfeit software to our legal depaertment <link to MS legal>

---------------------------------

Sorry about my original (incorrect) information,
    Darin MS
    Monday, October 5, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

•   I have requested additional information on how the Offer works now and I will update this thread if the information I provided above is incorrect.  I will also be asking that the FAQs be updated with clearer directions.

Thanks,
    Darin MS

Thank you Darin.

Here is wishing you success in getting to the bottom of this.

Gigi.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 8:14 PM
  • Hi GigiScala,

It turns out I was completly wrong. (I have deleted my post that had the incorrect information)

The Complimentary Offer submittion section is only available to people who have gone through Office Validation and are non-genuine. On the Office non-genuine page, there’s a sidebar that provides a link to the Office counterfeit report flow (should be the 3rd section down on the right habd side of the page titled "Request a Complimentary copy of Office")

If the customer did try to submit a counterfeit Report through the sidebar link, then at the end of submission, they should have seen the following information, which would give them the address to send all the relevant documentation.

-------------------------------------

Counterfet Software Report
    The final step in qualifying for the Genuine Office Complimentary Office is to print the report and mail it in along with the documentation of the non-genuine software.

Instructions
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Print a copy of the counterfeit report:
           Printer Friendly Report <link to a printer friendly version of the report>

2.  Collect the following documentation required to process your report:
           * Your counterfeit software including the disk, the box it came in, the certificate of authenticity, and any manuals.

3.  Mail the report and documentation to:

Microsoft Genuine Advantage (WGA/OGA)
               5148 Peach Street #332
               Erie, PA 16509
               U.S.A.

4.  (Optional) Click this link to email an image of your counterfeit software to our legal depaertment <link to MS legal>

---------------------------------

Sorry about my original (incorrect) information,
    Darin MS
    Monday, October 5, 2009 7:13 PM

• Thank you Darin Smith!

Thank you very much Darin. I am extremely grateful as I feared that I had no way out of this mess.

I have the printed counterfeit report and I will send it to MS with the disk, the box, the manuals and the certificate of authenticity.

Thanks again.

Gigi.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:03 PM
  • FEDEX requires a phone number for the Erie address.  What is it?
    Friday, April 23, 2010 8:50 PM