Files Not Moved RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to remove a current drive from WHS (to replace it with a larger drive). When I right-click the drive and select REMOVE DRIVE, the first screen indicates that no files or backups will be lost. Shortly after selecting FINISH, I get an error message: "Files not moved. The wizard did not finish moving the files to other server storage." Not sure what to do now- ideas?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your prompt reply- I added more storage, removed a bunch of obsolete Recorded TV shows, and installed PP1 and PP2. It is now working- although very, very slowly- I'm removing a 300Gb drive- now over 4 hours- and it is only about 1/3 done. But the green progress bar does advance occassionally, so I assume it is working now.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:41 PM

All replies

• Is it possible, that there is not enough free disk space on the remaining drives to store the duplicated folders?
    If this is the case and if it is technically possible, I would recommend to attach the new drive and add it to the storage pool before removing the old one.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:57 PM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply- I added more storage, removed a bunch of obsolete Recorded TV shows, and installed PP1 and PP2. It is now working- although very, very slowly- I'm removing a 300Gb drive- now over 4 hours- and it is only about 1/3 done. But the green progress bar does advance occassionally, so I assume it is working now.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:41 PM

You just now installed Power Pack 1?  FYI, you might have some data corruption in your files.  There was a data corruption bug that was fixed with Power Pack 1 (see KB946676).  You might want to check at least some of your files and make sure they work.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:00 AM