Bulk change a Product Sku with a different value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We have had an issue lately with a Product Sku in our CRM.

We use an entity called Maintenance contracts which we use to store contracts for client accounts.

Within this entity we can add a maintenance contract, for example "Product1 3 Years 25 users". we can then define the numbers of users such as 15 or 25 in another field called Users.

For some reason, some of our data appears to have been corrupted. For instance we have some contracts which are 50 user contracts (user field says 50), but have been assigned the wrong Product Sku, e.g. "Product1 3 Years 25 Users" instead of "Product 1 3 years 26 - 50 users" .

Is there any way in CRM that I could do a bulk query to automatically change a maintenance contract containing a user field with the value of 50 from one product Sku to another. e.g. so I don't have to do it manually?

I hope this makes sense?

Lindt

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think your requirement is to bulk edit some fields based on other fields. If so, export the data as an Excel file. Remember to check the box for headers. Then, do the required changes in Excel (it is very simple as you know!). Then use the import data. When you want to import this file it would be known as a re-import. This updates your data.

BTW, be careful about changing the order of data or columns order. Only do your changes to the fields.

My Weblog | My Website

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:04 PM
  • One of the way is to update through excel import feature of microsoft dynamics crm 2011.

Another way is to create small console application, which will take data from source and update in crm via update method of crm service.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/microsoft.xrm.sdk.iorganizationservice.update.aspx

Garfield!!

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think your requirement is to bulk edit some fields based on other fields. If so, export the data as an Excel file. Remember to check the box for headers. Then, do the required changes in Excel (it is very simple as you know!). Then use the import data. When you want to import this file it would be known as a re-import. This updates your data.

BTW, be careful about changing the order of data or columns order. Only do your changes to the fields.

My Weblog | My Website

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:04 PM
  • One of the way is to update through excel import feature of microsoft dynamics crm 2011.

Another way is to create small console application, which will take data from source and update in crm via update method of crm service.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/microsoft.xrm.sdk.iorganizationservice.update.aspx

Garfield!!

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:55 AM