Communicator voice call transfer RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with OCS 2007 when trying to transfer a Communicator voice 
    call. User 1 initiates a call to User 2 who answers and then attempts to 
    transfer to User 3. The transfer fails and if you look at the SIP log files 
    you see errors regarding the referrer identity. The identity is requested 
    (sip 2.0 429 provide referrer identity) and this is not forthcoming and the 
    transfer fails. Also the recipient of the transfer (user 3) is not resolved 
    during SIP setup, i.e User 3's SIP address is not in the "to" field only the 
    normalized number and extension is shown.

Any ideas?
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have exatly the same problem. Did you find any solution for this issue?

Friday, February 6, 2009 6:34 AM
  •  We found the problem and microsoft announced it as a problem of OCS R1.

The problem is about lower- an uppercase sign in addresses.
    If the sip address of the user in Acitve Directory is written in lower and uppercase, and the user use lower and upercase in his sign in address of his communicator, then call forwarding in communicator fails. Both addresses, AD und Client, must be written in lower and uppercase that failing of call forwarding will happen.

The problem is that the sign in address in AD is preset from Exchange and when a user is set to automatic login he never change his sign in address.

hope this helps
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:46 AM
  • That seems to be the issue we had as well.  A hotfix from Microsoft for Communicator solves this issue.  The OC version with the fix is then 2.0.6362.117.  I do not know if the hotfix is publicly available yet..

Wim
    Monday, March 23, 2009 9:38 AM
  • There is a new hotfix rollup package from march 2009 with the OC versions 2.0.6362.129. This should fix the problem.

It is available here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961552/en-us

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:31 AM