Reocuring SW Maintenance RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I work with software sales, and my challenge is to get controll over future maintenance agreements.

I could import or make the same opportunity twice or more (depending on the SW-agreement). One for 2008, one for 2009, one for 2010.

But it would be nice to close and make a new opportunity in the same operation. I only need to set a new "Est. close date". Is that possible without programming?

Best Regards

- Geir

Monday, June 23, 2008 1:56 PM

Answers

• Your 'without programming' restriction does kind of limit your options. You might be able to do this in workflow, especially if you are using CRM 4.0. Set up a Create Entity action on Status Change.

Something else to consider might be using the Service Contracts functionality for your Maintenance Agreements. That might be more straight forward.

Monday, June 23, 2008 4:08 PM

All replies

• Your 'without programming' restriction does kind of limit your options. You might be able to do this in workflow, especially if you are using CRM 4.0. Set up a Create Entity action on Status Change.

Something else to consider might be using the Service Contracts functionality for your Maintenance Agreements. That might be more straight forward.

Monday, June 23, 2008 4:08 PM
  • you need to achieve this through plugins.

see ms crm sdk for more

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

msn : mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:25 PM