Switching off onecare printer sharing feature RRS feed

• Question

• How can I switch off the onecare printer sharing features? I'm prepared to dispense entirely with the PC circle feature if necessary, or even revert- if that's possible - to an earlier release of onecare. I find the many daily invitations to do printer sharing in my onecare circle very intrusive.

I understand that the intention is to be helpful to those who have trouble with sharing, but the delivery of this new service is - for me at least -  ruining the unique selling point of onecare, which is its relative lack of intrusive messages.

Monday, January 21, 2008 5:18 PM

Answers

• Since you started a new thread -

Open OneCare on each PC in your Circle. Click Change Settings. Go to the Printer Sharing tab, uncheck "Automatically share all printers..."

Click OK.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:28 AM

All replies

• Since you started a new thread -

Open OneCare on each PC in your Circle. Click Change Settings. Go to the Printer Sharing tab, uncheck "Automatically share all printers..."

Click OK.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:28 AM
  • Very many thanks steve.

But do I have to do this for *every* PC?

And is there a way of switching off all PC circle features, so that I don't get bothered in future by messages I don't want? PC circle may be a good idea for many, but surely one should opt into its clutches rather than be annoyed by side effects.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:53 AM
  • My apologies for overlooking this thread for so long. Yes, you'd need to set this for each PC that has an attached printer.

I think that your comment is valid regarding making the entire Circle experience optional, including Printer Sharing. The rest is, Printer Sharing is enabled by default.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:47 AM