none
About certification score reassessment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I had taken 70-497 certification today i.e. on 13th june 2015 and scored 520 which is not a passing score. However I am confident that I had answered minimum 37 questions correctly which is a passing score. Can you please let me know if there is any chance of re evaluating or checking my score again.

Can you please help me in this.

Thanks,

Swathi Mallela

Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:56 PM

Answers

• Please be aware that the exams are not graded in a linear scale, but in a curve. This means that 700 points out of 1000 does NOT translate into "70% of the questions". You might need to get right more (or less) than 70% of the questions in order to achieve a passing score. The precise characteristics of the grading curve for each exam are not made public, so you can't know which is the exact number of questions that you need to get right in each particular exam.

As far as I know, there isn't any way to get your answers re-evaluated. The "correct" answers for the questions are established beforehand, and they have already been validated by a team of subject matter experts during the creation of the exam. Your replies are mechanically compared with the preestablished answers, so it doesn't make much sense to re-check your score.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 3:59 PM

All replies

• First, not all questions on a certification test are scored for the same value.  So the fact that you are convinced you got 37 questions correct doesn't necessarily man you got a passing score.  You can contact the vendor where you took the test, but I doubt your score will change.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Please be aware that the exams are not graded in a linear scale, but in a curve. This means that 700 points out of 1000 does NOT translate into "70% of the questions". You might need to get right more (or less) than 70% of the questions in order to achieve a passing score. The precise characteristics of the grading curve for each exam are not made public, so you can't know which is the exact number of questions that you need to get right in each particular exam.

As far as I know, there isn't any way to get your answers re-evaluated. The "correct" answers for the questions are established beforehand, and they have already been validated by a team of subject matter experts during the creation of the exam. Your replies are mechanically compared with the preestablished answers, so it doesn't make much sense to re-check your score.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 3:59 PM