Uable to open backup file RRS feed

• Question

• I am on a new notebook.  I am unable to open a money backup file.  I down loaded the money sunset plus.  I was using money 2003 Deluxe and Business.  Now, everytime I try to restore a backup I get the error 'Microsoft Money in not responding"  and I am forced to close.  I have tried several versions of the backup but does not work.  Further, will not let me use 2003 version.  Does not recognize my password. I am using the correct password and can log in to my hotmail account.  I really need to access information on this backup.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Monday, August 6, 2012 7:28 PM

All replies

• I understand that Money never worked for you on that new computer, even though you had installed Money 2003 from your installation disk. I presume that the new computer is running 64-bit Windows 7.

What I think you will need to do is to install an appropriate version listed in the first thread in this forum.

If your Money 2003 is from the US, you would need Money Plus Home & Business Sunset if you want to maintain the business portions. Download the install file, and run it.

Before opening Money, disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your ethernet cable or turn off
    your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, click below the
    password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly,
    without access to all online services." then click Next.

I you get into your file using Money Sunset,
    remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you
    already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file.  To remove the
    Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your
    LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see
    File->PasswordManager.

The password is case-sensitive.  If you are not sure of your
    credentials, write down what you remember.  Consider permutations.
    Check your notes.  You will not get into the file without those
    credentials in effect when the file was saved.

Monday, August 6, 2012 7:40 PM