Live mesh client is slowing my connection and it can't upload RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have no problem with uploading files thru website but Live Mesh client is slowing down the broadband so much that I can't use it at all. Live Mesh is stoping uploading and restarting it is not helping so neither Live Mesh nor other program can access internet. I need to restart the router (Netgear from SKY) in order to use internet again. I was disabling the firewall and looking into logs from my router. I really can't understand what is happening.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• What type of connection do you have? There have been some reports of Mesh using up available upload bandwidth, especially on slow connections, though I've not experienced this personally, even when using dial-up or a cellular connection.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

I have 2.8Mbit download and 0.3Mbit upload speed on DSL. I have no problems with the connection except of Live Mesh. I really like the idea of this program but it's not possible to use it. Live Mesh is uploading  for few minutes and than it's stopping. I need to restart the router. I was trying my neighbours wireless connection and the same thing is happening. I am using ESET Smart Security - but switching it off didn't help.

Andrew

Monday, April 19, 2010 2:28 PM
  • The "pipe" for your upload speed should be satisfactory. As I noted, I've not seen this behavior. How many files and how large in total is the data you are trying to sync with the Mesh? Are you synchronizing all with the Live Desktop only or also via P2P with another PC on your network?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, April 19, 2010 2:59 PM
  • It's about 800 files. In total 790Mb. Mostly MS Office files, PDF and pictures. The largest file i 7.6Mb. I am synchronizing with Live Desktop only.
    Monday, April 19, 2010 3:16 PM
  • You noted that manually uploading them to the Live Desktop works fine, although that is time consuming. Are they already on the Live Desktop now, or have the bandwidth issues with the client prevented you from getting the folder in sync? I wonder if you might want to try setting the folder properties to not sync with the PC, manually upload them all to the Live Desktop, and then turn on sync with the PC to see if it behaves properly.

-steve

Monday, April 19, 2010 4:27 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. Did you find some solution? If so, I would appreciate if you tell it to me

Thanks

Toni

Sunday, September 5, 2010 9:37 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. Did you find some solution? If so, I would appreciate if you tell it to me

Thanks

Toni

Hello, Toni. As noted here and in other threads, it is not normal for Live Mesh to be consuming available bandwidth, though some people have reported that it does.

Since this beta is not going to be updated, you may want to try the Live Sync beta (which will be renamed as Live Mesh in the future) available from here: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta as part of the beta of Windows Live Essentials.

It will require that you reconfigure the sync folders you currently defined in your Mesh.

Discussion and support for the beta can be found at http://windowslivehelp.com

Note that it will not install on XP, only Vista or Windows 7.

-steve

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:45 PM