User with Administrator permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have active directory and all our clients join to my domain now i need to add user with administrator  permission because if i need to login to any client no need login with administrator to fix something so just i need to select user with all administrator permission . 

Please Help  Thanks

Best Regards

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As this is Windows Home Server 2011 forum, so, I assume that your OS version is WHS 2011. Please note that WHS does not support Active Domain/to be DC.

Functionality Limitations.
    · Active Directory - You may not use the server software as a domain controller or otherwise make use of DCPromo.exe. You also may not join the server software to any Active Directory domain.

WHS 2011 Dashboard – Users tab – Add a user account, is used to add user credential for allow access to files or remote access. 

In general, for a domain environment, we can user Active Directory Users and Computers to manage domain user credential. Just add a new user, then, add it to domain admin user group.

If I have any misunderstanding about your question, please provide more information and correct.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:32 AM