Web Components Validation Failure - Check GroupExpansion RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I managed to resolve the issue.

I dug into this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871179/

and registered the SPN of GroupExpansion application pool account.

Friday, June 1, 2007 11:51 PM
  • Problem Shared:

I ran into this same problem while building a virtual lab.  I did not install IIS before installing the OCS pool and server.  After installing IIS and recreating the pool and server, the problem was still there.

Solution:

Reapply correct security inheritance to the IIS default website directory structure.

In IIS Manager, right click "Default Web Site", click Properties.  Go to the "Directory Security" tab. For the "Authentication and access control" click Edit.   Deselect "Enable anonymous access" and select "Windows integrated authentication".  Click OK and apply security inheritance to ALL files in any prompts. Click Apply on the "Directory Security" tab. 

Now put things back the way you found them: Reclick on the Edit button for "Authentication and access control".  Select "Enable anonymous access" and deselect "Windows integrated authentication", reversing the earlier change.  Click OK and Apply.

It Works:

Web Components validation will now run error free (pending no other unrelated errors).  This solution was replicated on another virtual lab with the same problem.

Follow Up Question:

Does anyone see any unforseen security consequences for this solution?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:18 PM