Migration error in workflows from CRM 2011 to CRM 2011 organization. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have two organization created in CRM 2011 on premise.One is for Development and another is for deployment.

I'm migrating workflows from Development to deployment ,here I'm getting error after migrating those workflows.

"Process includes invalid references"....

Its regarding the Teams and Business Units

But ,I have already migrated Team and Business Units in deployment organization.Only the thing is that Teams are not showing  in "Local Business Unit " category.Its showing in "All Team" category.

Prashant Wani ,Software Engineer-II,Infinx Services Pvt.Ltd.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:33 AM

All replies

• When you release workflows with content related to data (such as BU, Teams, Users etc), then the workflows will not work.

The reason for this is that the reference in the workflow is an absolute reference (GUID). So as the GUID is not the same for the Business Units in the Development and the Deployment environment, your workflows wont work.

So what you need to do, is to manually update your workflows in your production environment afterwards. There are NO work arounds for this.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:14 AM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Rune is largely correct, except for there being no workarounds. If the data you're running workflows on is standard across environments, you can actually migrate the data with GUIDs before the workflows. While it's generally preferable to let CRM manage its own GUIDs, there are times, like workflow promotion, where it makes sense to force the GUID on an entity as well.

The downside is you essentially must plan for that fact in advance, as you have to delete and recreate data if you've already loaded it into the receiving system without the GUIDs.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:47 PM