Can't Back Up Files To External Hard Drive RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I really need help. I am trying to backup my files on to an external hard drive, but every time I hit back up there is a message that say's insert a cd/dvd. And i don't want to put it on a cd/dvd. I also went to change setting on one care

and configure back up and change it to External hard drive F and stuff but i still cannot back up the files on to my external hard drive.  PLEASE HELP
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:37 AM

Answers

• Lao

I had the very same problem and had to uninstall and reinstall the app before I was able to rid myself of the cd/dvd config. That should not have been necessary, but after 2 months of trying to correct the issue and following the advise given by MS, I did what we do in IT when the config issue will not resolve.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:05 PM

All replies

• Open One Care>Change Settings>Backup. Under your backup plan select "Change Location" and in the next window of listed backup devices select your external drive.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:08 AM
  •  

I too have the same problem and have done that numerous times. It shows my backup should be to G:\ external drive but when I run now, it still shows cd/dvd. That fix does not work!

Saturday, August 30, 2008 12:07 PM
  • Lao

I had the very same problem and had to uninstall and reinstall the app before I was able to rid myself of the cd/dvd config. That should not have been necessary, but after 2 months of trying to correct the issue and following the advise given by MS, I did what we do in IT when the config issue will not resolve.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:05 PM
  • This might be the best solution. Changing backup locations will require a new full backup anyway so there is really nothing to lose by reinstalling One Care.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:21 PM
  • I can't back upon my flash drive either, even though I used to be able to.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:30 PM
  • How much free space is available on your flash drive?

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:32 PM