HELP!?!?! CRM Oulook Client-Quality of network connection to CRM server is poor, causing lost connections and slow, slow operation RRS feed

• Question

• When I run diagnostic (MS Dynamics CRM Diagnostics tool) I get this, under 

‘Network and Connectivity’

“The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics server is poor, which can cause poor performance and occasional errors.  Contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator.”

I am running an on-premise CRM 4.0 Outlook client, with Rollup 2 installed.  There are 4 licenses, 3 are being utilized. 

I know this error message (The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics server is poor, which....) was reported awhile back (July '08-on) as a fairly harmless error message, but in my case it is not harmless.

To qualify, when I say 'in my case', I mean my particular workstation. 

My access to CRM, via the internal url (web interface) AND the Outlook client, is periodically cut off for anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours.  There are connection issues with other workstations, but rarely.  When other stations lose access my workstation also loses access.

I think this is an IIS issue, but my programmer's are onsite for a few days and I'm stuck.  I'm a sales guy-only app. certified-but not stupid enough to start messing around with the CRM DB, IIS, SQL DB unless I have a concrete solution.  

I would REALLY REALY appreciate some help.

Thanks

Friday, February 13, 2009 2:37 PM

Answers

• it could be your network. we had similar problems....

there were lots of bugs in the outlook clients...

ensure that you have run all the different parts of rollup2 in the correct places

in particular you need to install the outlook client update on client machines.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:18 PM

All replies

• You need to check with your network team if they see any errors. Also, you might want to check if you can ping the IP of the CRM installation when you are cut of.

But this does not sound like a CRM problem, rather the infrastructure it relies on.
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 5:40 PM
  • it could be your network. we had similar problems....

there were lots of bugs in the outlook clients...

ensure that you have run all the different parts of rollup2 in the correct places

in particular you need to install the outlook client update on client machines.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:18 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem: “The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor, which can cause poor performance and occasional errors. Contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator.”

This problem occurs when we are doing the Outlook CRM test connection.

Anyone have any idea which could be the problem.

We have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 With rollup 5 in server and client.

I hope you can help me 

Thank you very much
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:23 AM