none
Access to a folder RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Help me with this query.

I have a folder which is a DFS link \\Contoso.com\FS-Teamfolder\Data

In this folder I have added permission to following users

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NTFSAccess "\\CONTOSO.COM\FS-Teamfolder\DATA"

Account                             Access Rights                           Applies to              
    -------                             -------------                           ----------               
    BUILTIN\Administrators        FullControl                             ThisFolderSubfoldersAn... 
    contoso\Contoso ITADMIN    FullControl                             ThisFolderSubfoldersAn... (Group)
    CONTOSO\User2                  FullControl                             ThisFolderSubfoldersAn... (USer)
    CONTOSO\User1                  FullControl                             ThisFolderSubfoldersAn... (User)
    CONTOSO\DATA-Members           Modify, Synchronize                     ThisFolderSubfoldersAn... (Group)

Inside this I got several folders .Most of them has disabled Inheritance ,and all the folders have the Administrators of the storage server as Owners. which is a nasfiler NAS1\Administrators

the pain point here is we administrators (contoso\Contoso ITADMIN)are unable to take ownership of these folders to add further permissisons.Is this because the folder permissions are not inherited from the top ? Is there any solution for this. Here we can create folders and take ownership,but for the other folders we need a soln.

Arun

Monday, December 11, 2017 1:05 PM

Answers