How do you pass the Microsoft Server 2012 MCSA exams? RRS feed

• Question

• I have done all the Labs(3 times) and studied the text book for 70-410 "installing and configuring Server 2012",but the exams are still very difficult to pass.Almost impossible! Has anyone here passed these exams,and how do you recommend studying to pass them.Is there any other resources that you need to look at?
    Monday, October 27, 2014 11:47 AM

All replies

• Are you utilizing any practice tests?  Also, are you using the latest material that includes R2?
    Monday, October 27, 2014 1:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I was using an official Microsoft Self-Paced book and also CBT Nuggets videos.

Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 27, 2014 1:47 PM
  • The self-paced books usually include a CD/DVD with practice tests (also have tests at the end of each chapter and at the end of the book).  Are you going through these?
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:01 PM
    Answerer
  • How much practical experience do you have with the technology (by practical I mean working with the technology on a day-to-day basis in an employment scenario, not studying or doing labs)?  You will need at least 12 months.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, November 3, 2014 5:11 AM