windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• i purchased 5 computers with windows 7 and deleted 7 and replaced with windows xp  from the computers that they were replaceing.  I loaded 1 copy of windows 7 on my computer after it crashed so i paid for five copies and i cannot use one?
    Friday, December 23, 2011 10:26 PM

Answers

• "DONALD H MUELLER" wrote in message news:a8d7c288-3052-40b2-841b-8e2115fb0a4a...
    i purchased 5 computers with windows 7 and deleted 7 and replaced with windows xp  from the computers that they were replaceing.  I loaded 1 copy of windows 7 on my computer after it crashed so i paid for five copies and i cannot use one?

Your problem is almost certainly that you reinstalled with Retail media, rather then with the Recovery system – but still used the OEM_SLP Key that you found with a KeyFinder app. That being the case, you need to use the Key from the COA sticker on the affected machine.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:16 PM
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:38 AM

All replies

• Please sort out your question better.  It is confusing.  Each computer must have its own product key, either XP or Windows 7.  If you have one left over unused then you have one left over unused.  I don't know what else would you use it on.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Friday, December 23, 2011 11:22 PM
    Answerer
  • "DONALD H MUELLER" wrote in message news:a8d7c288-3052-40b2-841b-8e2115fb0a4a...
    i purchased 5 computers with windows 7 and deleted 7 and replaced with windows xp  from the computers that they were replaceing.  I loaded 1 copy of windows 7 on my computer after it crashed so i paid for five copies and i cannot use one?

Your problem is almost certainly that you reinstalled with Retail media, rather then with the Recovery system – but still used the OEM_SLP Key that you found with a KeyFinder app. That being the case, you need to use the Key from the COA sticker on the affected machine.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:16 PM
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:38 AM