Record Duplicated in CRM Report RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Custom Report using the CRM Report Wizard in our customer's on-premise version of CRM 2011. The Report is looking at two custom entities in the system and has a three-tiered grouping on the Report result set (by State, by Account, and by Custom Resource). I also included a number of filters to ensure a result set of records meeting a specifc set of criteria. There are several Currency columns in the result set and I have included a Summary of "Sum" for these columns.

My Report executes as expected; however, there is one record in the result set which is duplicated. I have confirmed there is no actual duplicate of this record in the system and when I execute an Advanced Find based on my filter criteria, the record is only returned once.

Again, this is only happening for one particular record in my result set, the Report is returning over 100 pages of data.

Can anyone provide insight?

Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:17 PM

All replies

• When creating reports with Report wizard, it is possible that CRM Joins the entities in a wrong way.
    I've also created a report, where CRM uses the wrong type of JOIN, so i got duplicates in my Reports.
    Unfortunatly, I don't think you can change the join condition in the Report Wizard.

It is possible that this could be problem, but it's strange it is only happening with one record.
    Maybe the duplicate record is deactivated so you can't see it when searching for it?

Friday, April 18, 2014 7:22 AM
  • I thought that may be the cause, but I did a SQL query directly against the database and the record is in the database only once.
    Friday, April 18, 2014 12:17 PM