Is anyone using drive with lightscribe...... RRS feed

• Question

• If u have then say how does it work for u and ur product name and price
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:25 AM

All replies

• Let price be in rupee and come forward with modal name.......
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:26 AM
  • lightscribe is a technology, using which you can write images / text on Physical CD like professional CDs, where they put the poster of movie / album on CD.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:38 PM
  • Hi Subramani,

I have LightScribe enabled DVD writer.But, the problem is I'm unable to locate LightScribe enabled DVD's in my city. You can't use Lightscribe in our regular DVD.

Friday, March 30, 2007 6:52 PM
  • my ffrnd. is using light scribe tech.

he purchased his pc frm HP.

if u want to know more i can tell u by asking him...

Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:10 PM
  • yes buddy we would really like to know more about lightscribe..
    Also someone mentioned about special DVD's for using lightscribe, can you put more light on it...
    Monday, April 2, 2007 4:20 PM
  • i'm also interested in knowing more about lightscribe. please put some light on it.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 4:23 AM
  • Guys, Lightscribe is all about printing disk label on top of your CD's / DVD's... You look for Lightscribe enabled (or Direct disk labeling) logo to make sure your disk supports light scribe. Along with your drive you get a software for printing label on disks. You can just go to the software, design the labels and print it. But, 1 sec... you need a special disk that has light scribe enabled disks inorder to print it. I think it will take around15-20 min to print a label.

Lightscribe enabled disks comes with a special coat so that laser beams can write on it. This technology use the same laser to print the labels on disks..

Smile

• Proposed as answer by sharonmc.3 Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:11 AM
  • Exactly my problem too

I have a laptop with Lightscribe  .. unfortunately, there is not a single shop in my city that sells lightscribe-able DVDs Stick out tongue
    guess I have to buy some from ebay.in

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:14 PM
  • Thankz for the information..
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Thanks for the information. Smile
    Friday, April 13, 2007 12:50 PM
  • We were trying to burn the label into cd's this weekend. unsuccessful. Starting reading about having the right disc drive and the software to do this.  We have an e-machine, will that tech. be installed or do we have to purchase drive and software separately?

Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:59 PM