Mirror table Structure only RRS feed

• Question

• In my app I want to mirror a table in my client, but with out the data. I want sync services to only bring down the structure of the table. The cleint will only upload the records in this table. 

Is there an option or setting so that Sync Services will only pull down the table without the server records?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:04 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:05 PM

Answers

• I see. i don't think we have this option in the sync designer since the sync designer primaryly is for the local cache scenarion which is download only.

if you write your own sync code, you can set this as the syncTable.CreationOption property.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:01 AM

All replies

•  

you can try the UploadOnly for the syncDirection of the syncTable object.

thanks

Yunwen

Friday, June 27, 2008 6:25 PM
  • ok, well what settings do I set at Configure Data Synch form to accomplish this? last time I was unsuccessful.

Monday, June 30, 2008 6:01 PM
  • I see. i don't think we have this option in the sync designer since the sync designer primaryly is for the local cache scenarion which is download only.

if you write your own sync code, you can set this as the syncTable.CreationOption property.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:01 AM