Integration of Windows Desktop Search with MS Dynamic CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me how can I integrate Windows Desktop Search with MS Dynamic CRM 4.0?

Best Regards,
    Babar

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Babar.

This is because you are creating the shortcut from the wrong location.

The link above should be pasted in the serachbox (called Deskbar) that resides on the windows task bar.

If you can't see the seachbox then

Right click on the task bar > Toolbars > Select "Windows Search Deskbar" > and try again.

If you are successful you will see a notification indicating that the shortcut was created.

Unfortunately this type of search can only work from the Deskbar.

If I'm not mistaken this was the case in v3.0 as well.

Cheers,

Adi

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:14 PM

All replies

•  

Hi.

You need to create a web search (web query) shortcut on each and every entity that you wish to exposes in the search.

You also need to find a URL that accepts a search parameter such as account name.

Luckily the singlelookup.aspx (lookup dialog) accepts a search parameter so you can use the URL to perform the web query.

Enter the following to create a shortcut named account

[@Shortcut Name], [Web Query URL] ($w = Keyword)  

@account,http://localhost:5555/CRMVPC/_controls/lookup/lookupsingle.aspx?class=alllookups&objecttypes=1&browse=0&ShowNewButton=0&ShowPropButton=0&search=$w

The user needs to enter account [space] [keyword] to open the CRM search URL.

The user can also use wildcards in his search e.g. account a* to get all the account that start with the letter a.

To enable search on other entities simply change the URL objecttypes=1 to other object type codes and create a new shortcut.

Cheers,

Adi

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:02 PM

• HI Adi,

Thanks for your reply, but when I enter the string,
    @account,http://Server/CRMVPC/_controls/lookup/lookupsingle.aspx?class=alllookups&objecttypes=1&browse=0&ShowNewButton=0&ShowPropButton=0&search=$w
    and click on Desktop button, after few seconds it says
    Nothing found in all locations of query "
    @account,http://Server/CRMVPC/_controls/lookup/lookupsingle.aspx?class=alllookups&objecttypes=1&browse=0&ShowNewButton=0&ShowPropButton=0&search=$w"

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:22 PM
  • Hi Babar.

This is because you are creating the shortcut from the wrong location.

The link above should be pasted in the serachbox (called Deskbar) that resides on the windows task bar.

If you can't see the seachbox then

Right click on the task bar > Toolbars > Select "Windows Search Deskbar" > and try again.

If you are successful you will see a notification indicating that the shortcut was created.

Unfortunately this type of search can only work from the Deskbar.

If I'm not mistaken this was the case in v3.0 as well.

Cheers,

Adi

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:14 PM

• Adi,

I have created the shortcut successfully, but the problem is that i can only view required records and when i try to open the required document, system askes to close window because we are using popup form for this.
    I want to open the required record by using window.open(); function.
    Can you please tell me how can I get the record type (e.g Account, Contact, Activity etc.) and ID of selcted record in the grid using javascript?

Regards,
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 11:18 PM

• Thanks Adi,

I have got it, now i can search multiple entries and can view my required resultset.

Best Regards,
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:12 AM