none
How long will it take me to get certified? RRS feed

• Question

• How long will it take me to get MCITP, MCSA, MCSE? I mean, how long will it take me to prepare 4d exams, write the exams and get the certificate for EACH of the above MCP certificate?

All comments are welcomed...............THANK YOU ALL.

player.
    Monday, July 25, 2011 12:14 PM

Answers

• A lot depends upon your study habits and your willingness to devote the needed time. 

FWIW, I personallyw ould not recommend pursuing the MCSA/MCSE as that is 8+ year old technology.  I would suggest pursuing the MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator (5 exams). 

There are some here on this forum that completed it in two months - but the devoted that entire two months to studying and taking the exams.

• Marked as answer by flexy440 Monday, July 25, 2011 3:30 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 1:05 PM
    Answerer
  • No - knowing SQL won't affect your performance on the MCITP EA exams.  Not studying properly will, though.

• Marked as answer by flexy440 Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:19 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:47 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• A lot depends upon your study habits and your willingness to devote the needed time. 

FWIW, I personallyw ould not recommend pursuing the MCSA/MCSE as that is 8+ year old technology.  I would suggest pursuing the MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator (5 exams). 

There are some here on this forum that completed it in two months - but the devoted that entire two months to studying and taking the exams.

• Marked as answer by flexy440 Monday, July 25, 2011 3:30 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 1:05 PM
    Answerer
  • Oh thanks for the information...........but can i enroll for the 5 courses at the same time?

secondly, i'm new in ICT field, i don't know much about active directories and all that. But i know about SQL to a considerable extent. I hope this won't affect my performance when i take the MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator exams? Thank you.

player.
    Monday, July 25, 2011 1:57 PM
  • What do you mean by "enroll for the 5 courses"?  Do you mean sign up for the exams, sign up for classes?  Or???? 

First, you need to determine your method of study.  Will it be classroom classes?  Books?  Computer based video training?  A combination of books and video training?  You need to be aware that Microsoft Press hasn't updated all of the Server 2008 books to include the needed content for R2.  They're in the process, and have key ones like 70-640 (Active Directory) and 70-642 (Network Infrastructure) updated, so you might want to start with one of those.

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Alright!.............

I'm new in ICT field, i don't know much about active directories and all that. But i know about SQL to a considerable extent. I hope this won't affect my performance when i take the MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator exams? Thank you.

player.
    • Marked as answer by flexy440 Monday, July 25, 2011 3:29 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by flexy440 Monday, July 25, 2011 3:30 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:20 PM
  • No - knowing SQL won't affect your performance on the MCITP EA exams.  Not studying properly will, though.

• Marked as answer by flexy440 Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:19 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:47 PM
    Answerer
  • thank you so much
    player.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:20 AM
  • The information about the MCITP vs MCSE is spot on. Additionally, I would recommend a quality training center, like CED Solutions (http://www.cedsolutions.com/) if you want to try to complete the certification process on a quick pace.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:49 PM
  • ok, but is it online or a specific training centre? If its a specific training centre, where is the centre located? Thank you.
    player.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 4:04 PM