Easy File Upload RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that this Easy File Upload control only works on standard ports? I'm using non-standard ports and this control doesn't work. I opened Fiddler and you can see it trying to open "smith.homeserver.com" on port 80 rather than 8008 or port 443 rather than 4043 that the website is on. Is there anyway to get an ActiveX control to use an alternate port or pick up port info from webserver info?
    I can browse to server using alternate ports and upload via standard file upload but that only does 1 file at a time. I want to drag and drop 10 files at once, without having to choose each one separate.
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:21 AM

All replies

• Basically, there's probably no way to get a more flexible easy file upload feature. It would have to come from Microsoft, and changing the ports on your server just isn't supported.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, January 4, 2010 1:45 AM
  • Maybe this Easy Upload has more problems .... I click "Browse to Select Files" drag some files over to 'drop files here' and you see the icons move but as soon as you let go of the mouse, there is nothing there. Perhaps the control is not compatible with Windows 7? You can only drag/drop if you use Windows7 File Explorer.
    OK, moved server to port 80 and this control doesn't work there either.
    The standard file upload works OK, on any port.
    Monday, January 4, 2010 3:13 AM