none
Money Plus Sunset Home and Business and Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Before I commit to the Widows 10 upgrade Id like to know if Money Plus Sunset Home and Business runs on the new system
    Monday, July 27, 2015 3:06 PM

All replies

• Read the other threads that discuss this.
    • Proposed as answer by paul_p6 Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:54 PM
    Monday, July 27, 2015 4:28 PM
  • Updated to Windows 10 today and could not get Money to work. Keeps telling me I need IE6 for the program to run.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:16 AM
  • I hit that too. This totally worked. Change this registry value:

In this path: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\

Change the Version key from 9.11.10240.16384 to 9.11.10240.0.

That should do it. Detailed instructions on this site if you're not familiar with regedit.

https://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10/

• Proposed as answer by Gustavo Sassi Friday, July 31, 2015 5:27 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 12:32 PM
  • It does not work, it is still there but when I open it gives an error message that says you need to have IE6  I have tried to install explorer and that did not work, still searching for an answer, I wish I had not upgraded.

Friday, August 7, 2015 1:34 AM
  • The registry change is reported to work on most versions of Money.  Go back and read the detailed descriptions of how to make the change.  It is easy to accidentally change the wrong value.

You don't need to install IE on Windows 10.  It's already there.

Bill Becker

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:07 AM
  • I'm not very smart.  How do I put in the path HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer?
    Friday, August 7, 2015 6:48 PM
  • Having same problem as others regarding Money error IE6 & Windows 10 problem, have rolled back and Money still works fine the weird thing is that Windows 7 uses IE11 and there is no problem.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:26 PM
  • It works if you upgrade from a previous version of windows but if you install a fresh version of 10 Money won't even install.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:45 PM
  • Update, Windows 10 is wonderful!! I had the nightmare of Sunset first not being able to open, then I changed the registry (someone has that listed in this blog) and it worked until I tried to download my bank statement, then everything I did caused it to stop responding. I lucked up and found a Microsoft CD of Microsoft Money 2004 Standard. So first I removed my password from my Sunset (nightmare if you don't write down the backup TIME AND DATE, to choose from later), backed it up and then removed the program. My computer kept everything.

I redownloaded the Microsoft Money 2004 Standard, created a quick file (I went through the whole tutorial because I needed this to work). Once done, I Restored the backup (this is why I wrote down the time and date cause I'd removed the password from this backup because for some reason, it did not recognized my password on my other backups, I spent 30 minutes fighting this and it wasn't worth it).

I be darned..IT WORKED!! It opened up my last work backed up file and ALL THE INFO and here is the best news, I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD MY BANK STATEMENT, open it, use it, update it, run a reconciliation and NO Microsoft Money has stopped working error box, yeah!!

I miss Sunset, but I will live without it until maybe Microsoft offers a patch or fix for Sunset to work in Windows 10. I hope this helps everybody cause I hate Quicken, too expensive and not user friendly and have not tried any other product cause Money does what I need and I don't care there is no help available but us to help each other.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Reinstall Sunset and then replace your copy of mnyob99.dll with the one you download from the link in the first sticky post in this forum.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:01 AM
  • I put the path in and it took me to the internet, not to that path.  I can't get this Money Plus Sunset software to open.

annklx4

Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:01 PM
  • I reinstalled and it still will not open.

annklx4

Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:01 PM
  • Did you then install the patch as described in the first sticky?
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:24 PM