lost product key RRS feed

• Question

• I ordered this Windows genuine advantage kit for windows xp pro. Because when I bought my computer, the windows xp installed on it was a counterfeit copy. when I bought this program they mailed the CD home and they mailed the key to my e-mail address. Now I need they key again and maybe I erased it from my mailbox. In the package and Cd case that they sent home there is no product key. and I need to know how to get my key from microsoft. WHAT DO I DO?    WHO DO I CALL? Please help me.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:03 PM

Answers

• Do you have questions about your Windows Genuine Advantage Kit you previously ordered (including what the product key is) please refer to the contact information below:

Monday through Friday, between 8AM and 10PM ET, at (866-530-6599), toll free in the United States and Canada. 

You should have received an e-mail from service@microsoft.com and it will contain their 5x5 product key along with instructions for running the conversion tool. Please print a copy of this product key for your record. You may be asked for your product key in the future if you request Windows product support. The next step of the update process will also ask you for your product key.

To download and run the Windows Product Key Update Tool, please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=45668. This tool will lead you through several steps to convert your current Windows XP software to a genuine and activated copy of Windows XP.  All active items in your order for Microsoft Products have been shipped.

Note:  It is imperative that you check your junk mail filter to ensure it has not been placed in that folder. If you have junk mail set to automatically move and delete messages you should request further information from the contacts listed above. They will be able to send you another email. You may also list *.microsoft.com in your trusted domains for email and receive future Microsoft email directly into your Inbox. They will be able to send you another email.

Lori MS

Friday, June 6, 2008 11:24 PM

All replies

• Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Order Support:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/OrderHelp.aspx

Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:49 PM
  • Do you have questions about your Windows Genuine Advantage Kit you previously ordered (including what the product key is) please refer to the contact information below:

Monday through Friday, between 8AM and 10PM ET, at (866-530-6599), toll free in the United States and Canada. 

You should have received an e-mail from service@microsoft.com and it will contain their 5x5 product key along with instructions for running the conversion tool. Please print a copy of this product key for your record. You may be asked for your product key in the future if you request Windows product support. The next step of the update process will also ask you for your product key.

To download and run the Windows Product Key Update Tool, please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=45668. This tool will lead you through several steps to convert your current Windows XP software to a genuine and activated copy of Windows XP.  All active items in your order for Microsoft Products have been shipped.

Note:  It is imperative that you check your junk mail filter to ensure it has not been placed in that folder. If you have junk mail set to automatically move and delete messages you should request further information from the contacts listed above. They will be able to send you another email. You may also list *.microsoft.com in your trusted domains for email and receive future Microsoft email directly into your Inbox. They will be able to send you another email.

Lori MS

Friday, June 6, 2008 11:24 PM