WHS not showing up under Computers and Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a second WHS to use strictly as a file server.  I would like to backup my share folders as I am doing with my original WHS.  However no computers show up under Computers and Backup.  Since I am not using this WHS to backup other computers I did not expect to see any computers other than WHS itself listed, but I did expect to see WHS listed  Power Pack 1 was installed via update.  Any ideas?

Monday, August 25, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

• When you set up this second server, how did you do it, were all the drives fitted before installing the software? If so, you will need to either remove a drive and then re-add it, or just add another drive. When you add it, you will get the option of whether you want it to be used as part of the storage pool, or for backups. You will need to choose backups, otherwise it won't show up in the C & B tab.

Colin

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:00 PM

All replies

• When you set up this second server, how did you do it, were all the drives fitted before installing the software? If so, you will need to either remove a drive and then re-add it, or just add another drive. When you add it, you will get the option of whether you want it to be used as part of the storage pool, or for backups. You will need to choose backups, otherwise it won't show up in the C & B tab.

Colin

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:00 PM
  • SOLVED.  I had forgotten the step of adding the drive for backups.  Thank you!

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:27 PM