Update Stock Volume and Prices via CSV RRS feed

• Question

• I have a CSV file of 18,000 products and would like to import a new version of the file each day, which will contain changes in Stock Volume, Cost Price and List Price, aswell as add New Products that have come into Stock.

If I use the import tool, it will only add new products, as these have New Product IDs, existing Product IDs fail.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

One idea is download the CRM products database into a CSV, and create a formula that takes an ID from the CRM CSV and looks for it in the NEW Product CSV file and then if a column such as Cost Price is different, then to update the CRM CSV.
    Then re-import the CRM CSV back into CRM.

Any ideas? Any other solutions??
    Friday, April 18, 2008 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Jamesicon

There are aleady tools available at codeplex that help you resolve this.

Check out the tool

http://www.codeplex.com/MSCRMimport

The tool will help you export the CRM contents into a CSV file and Update the CSV and import it back.

You can also update the records inline and fire an update only to the changed records.

The tool is using CRM SDK to do that and is available with source. You are free to tweat the code for your needs Smile

Regards

Adithya Nittor 

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:46 AM

All replies

• I think you will have to do this using the CRM SDK i.e. writing code.

The SDK described how to programmtically update CRM entities including products.

Friday, April 18, 2008 12:56 PM
  • Hi.

If you have good coding skills I suggest writing your own tool. It should not take more then a couple of hours to complete the task.

Cheers,

Adi

Friday, April 18, 2008 1:10 PM
  • Hi Jamesicon

There are aleady tools available at codeplex that help you resolve this.

Check out the tool

http://www.codeplex.com/MSCRMimport

The tool will help you export the CRM contents into a CSV file and Update the CSV and import it back.

You can also update the records inline and fire an update only to the changed records.

The tool is using CRM SDK to do that and is available with source. You are free to tweat the code for your needs Smile

Regards

Adithya Nittor 

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:46 AM