Windows 2008 Svr R2 Hyper-V networking RRS feed

• Question

• My windows 2008 svr R2 won't bind to any NICs.  I have a HP quad Phenom II with 8 gb of RAM with Hyper-V up and running 2 other Windows 2008 servers and a Vista VM too.  None of them see each other, the host, nor the Internet.  I have installed SP1 for the Vista and SP2 for the w2k8 servers and also the Hyper-V additions.  I can see a NIC on each of the VMs called Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter on each machine but can't get out of the boxes on any of them.  I have been to every "setup" article on Hyper-V and they all tell me to do exactly what I have been doing but yet I can't get out of the VMs!  I have tried External and Internal with a vlan setting but nothing works.  I wish there was a way to go back to Virtual PC 2007, that worked! Help?  My VMs are requiring Activation soon and since I can't get to the Internet they will soon fail and I will have to reinstall.  I hate to use the telephone Activation, that would mean I am giving up on getting these boxes on the Internet.
    thanks,
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 9:18 PM

Answers