shared folders empty RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question.  I have successfully installed Window Home server and backed up 3 PCs.  I wanted to ask other people if the shared folders and the music/photos/video folders are supposed to be filled with music/photos/video from the backed up PCs automatically? Becasue all of my shared folders are 'empty' aside from the 'shared software' folder.

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:08 PM

Answers

• The Music, Photos and Videos shared folders on the server start out empty and are there to be filled manually with what you want to be shared to the world as opposed to the backup system automatically stripping out all *.mp3/*.avi/*.jpg files and putting them in those shares.

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:27 PM

All replies

• The Music, Photos and Videos shared folders on the server start out empty and are there to be filled manually with what you want to be shared to the world as opposed to the backup system automatically stripping out all *.mp3/*.avi/*.jpg files and putting them in those shares.

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:27 PM
  • Thanks for that information.  I will fill in those folders this week. 

rene

Monday, March 12, 2007 2:48 PM
  • How do I fill shared folders in windows home server 2003 ?

• Edited by reinjean Sunday, October 5, 2008 10:54 AM
    • Edited by kariya21Moderator Sunday, October 5, 2008 2:51 PM corrected format
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 10:52 AM
  • reinjean said:

How do I fill shared folders in windows home server 2003 ?

You just copy files to the shared folders from another PC.  Once you install the Connector software on a PC, it will create a shortcut on the desktop.  Double click on it and you should see all of your shares.
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 2:52 PM
  • Thank you Kariya

I tried this of course but the problem is the shared folders are not shown in the copy to pop up.

reinjean
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 3:36 PM
  • reinjean said:

Thank you Kariya

I tried this of course but the problem is the shared folders are not shown in the copy to pop up.

reinjean

In that case, please start your own thread and explain in as much detail as possible exactly what is happening (or not happening).
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 3:55 PM