Can not download RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    I can not download a file with mesh.com larger than 20mb.
    Why? Maybe there are limits on the size of the downloadable file?
    Thanks.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi, Ben.

I found the cause.
    I take Firefox and tried to download a different browser.
    Internet Explorer download these files without a problem!
    The reason is Firefox!
    Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Friday, January 9, 2009 8:36 PM

All replies

• What happens when you try to download a file larger than that?  Do you get an error message of any kind?

I haven't seen any issues with download of large files, and it's not on the known issues thread, so I it's not that way by design...
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 4:53 PM
  • When I click Save As - Waiting for reply enclosure.mesh-dl.com - During the page load connection to the server was dropped.
    Sorry for English.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 8:16 PM
  • nikvs said:

When I click Save As - Waiting for reply enclosure.mesh-dl.com - During the page load connection to the server was dropped.
    Sorry for English.

Hi,

Have you been encountering this problem regularly for any file greater than 20MB, or did it only happen once?  Please let me know and I'll follow up with our developers.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 9:41 PM
  • I have only 3 of the file - 20, 22 and 44mb.
    I can download 20mb, 22 and 44 - no.
    Friday, January 9, 2009 7:55 AM
  • nikvs said:

I have only 3 of the file - 20, 22 and 44mb.
    I can download 20mb, 22 and 44 - no.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.  I'm looking into this for you.  If you wouldn't mind, it would likely speed our investigation if you could file a bug report through Connect and attach your logs (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums - please post your Connect Feedback ID here after you submit your bug so that I can track it).  Also, would you mind letting me know what types of files (e.g., .pdf, .docx) the problematic files are?

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, January 9, 2009 7:52 PM
  • Hi, Ben.

I found the cause.
    The reason is Firefox!
    Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Friday, January 9, 2009 8:36 PM
  • nikvs said:

Hi, Ben.

I found the cause.

The reason is Firefox!
    Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you were able to locate the cause of the problem.  Please go ahead and file a bug report on Connect with the details of your experience, if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, January 9, 2009 9:22 PM
  • I have the same issue however, the file sizes are less than 1 Mb, Using Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13IS on Windows XP pro. Do you have any Ideas.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:14 PM
  • meshed-up said:

I have the same issue however, the file sizes are less than 1 Mb, Using Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13IS on Windows XP pro. Do you have any Ideas.

What happens when you attempt to download a file from the Live Desktop to a local PC? Do you encounter an error?

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:32 PM
  • Yes, I am able to download and save the files in question on my laptop with XP HOME and on my work station. I ran the updates for this system with XP Professional yesterday.

Exact error is: Internet Explorer cannot download QTYQXF2JRVAH22UJVUVD35TAB4 from enclosure.mesh-dl.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested page is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:36 PM
  • So, the problem is limited to that specific PC using Internet Explorer? Try resetting IE to default settings:

Tools/Internet options/Advanced(tab)/Reset(button)

Then, close IE and restart. Log in and see if you can download the file(s).

Since the problem is specific to that machine, it is more likely an issue on that machine.

-steve

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:54 PM
  • The reset of the Advanced tab worked. I completely forgot to check that, thank you. You are correct, this was a problem for this machine.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:11 PM
  • could not enter forum with original name = meshed-up. Created a new name: meshed-up1
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:12 PM
  • meshed-up1 said:

The reset of the Advanced tab worked. I completely forgot to check that, thank you. You are correct, this was a problem for this machine.

Excellent. I love that simple button in IE7. :-)

-steve

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:18 PM
  • The cause for this issue is the setting: "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" in IE advanced settings. This must disable!

micha

Friday, August 6, 2010 3:15 PM