none
How to find Product key code of windows vista for dell laptop to reinstal windows vista

Question

• Hi,

I want to reinstall Windows Vista on my Dell Inspirion laptop, but i cant locate windows product key code on bottom of my laptop.

How to find the Windows product key code?

Thanks

Vivek

Sunday, November 07, 2010 5:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Kumar.vivek,

Some manufacturers are putting the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) with the Product Key inside the battery compartment on newer laptops, so have a look inside.

In my experience, if you are using the Dell Operating System reinstallion disc to do a clean installation of Windows, you are not asked to enter the product key, as the Dell OS disc employs the SLP method of activation.

Manufacturer preinstallations of Windows Vista and Windows 7 (like what came on your Dell laptop) can be reinstalled from the System Recovery Options menu accessible from the Safe Boot Options Menu.  For more information on how to run the built-in recovery, please visit the support page for your model of Dell here:  http://support.dell.com

Sunday, November 07, 2010 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hello Kumar.vivek,

Some manufacturers are putting the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) with the Product Key inside the battery compartment on newer laptops, so have a look inside.

In my experience, if you are using the Dell Operating System reinstallion disc to do a clean installation of Windows, you are not asked to enter the product key, as the Dell OS disc employs the SLP method of activation.

Manufacturer preinstallations of Windows Vista and Windows 7 (like what came on your Dell laptop) can be reinstalled from the System Recovery Options menu accessible from the Safe Boot Options Menu.  For more information on how to run the built-in recovery, please visit the support page for your model of Dell here:  http://support.dell.com

Sunday, November 07, 2010 2:07 PM
  • On newer Dell laptops it's actually in the boot menu.
    Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:24 PM
  • Hi Dan,

thanks! I was happy to find the sticker inside the battery compartment! Thanks for the help. Greetings, Bernie

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:06 PM