Control of 'Depth of the relations' and 'max number of subject nodes' RRS feed

• Question

• I realise that the following variables are changed by editing the config file:

Depth of the relations to be shown by the VisualExplorer

Maximum number of subject nodes to be traversed within graph
    Maximum number of object nodes to be traversed within graph

Would there be a way of enabling individual users to change the above via the options menu in visual expolorer.  One of the main problems I have is that some nodes have hundreds of relationships and it is difficult to view such a large amount of data in the visual explorer + the loading time if you set the max number too high is very long.  

Also if you do have a view in visual explorer with a large amount of data, what would be the best way to extract that data into a list (for analysis)?

Cheers

James 

Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can achieve the manual setting of depth of graph and number of nodes but you need to write custome code for that as Zentity is an open source product. You can create control on visual explorer and can set the values dynamically. For more info please folow this thread Visual Explorer and Images.

I did not get the second query, "Also if you do have a view in visual explorer with a large amount of data, what would be the best way to extract that data into a list (for analysis)?". extracting data, what are the source and destination? Can you please clarify this?

-Regards

Please mark the response as answer if it helps you in resolving the query.
    • Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Monday, October 15, 2012 9:48 AM
    • Edited by Kalnemi Monday, October 15, 2012 9:49 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:12 PM