locked
Live Mesh Mobile Client limited users RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • I successfully installed Live Mesh Mobile Client on my Samsung i600 with WM6 phone, after logging, I got this:


    Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are not currently allowed to add your phone to Live Mesh.


    How do I join? Thanks.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 4:00 AM

All replies

  • Same problem here!

    I´m from Portugal...only available to US and UK for so long?

    This is very bad...
    Friday, October 31, 2008 5:23 AM
  • Don't feel bad.  Friends of mine here in the US get the same message.  

    -Mc
    Friday, October 31, 2008 8:29 PM
  • joefort said:

    I successfully installed Live Mesh Mobile Client on my Samsung i600 with WM6 phone, after logging, I got this:


    Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are not currently allowed to add your phone to Live Mesh.


    How do I join? Thanks.



    Joe,

    Have you clicked on the promo code link for your country (US or UK) in the blog post?  Please visit the blog from your computer, and click the appropriate link.  Let me know if that fixes it for you.

    Thanks,

    Ben.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 10:18 PM
  • Ben, I am getting the same message on my phone, but every time I click on the promo code link I get this message:

    "Unknown Error.


    (Code: 527aa4c1-92e5, 10/31/2008 3:20 PM)"

    And I still says that Mesh mobile is limited to a number of users. What's going on?

    Thanks,
    Rob
    Friday, October 31, 2008 10:21 PM
  •  
    Ben [Live Mesh] said:

    joefort said:

    I successfully installed Live Mesh Mobile Client on my Samsung i600 with WM6 phone, after logging, I got this:


    Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are not currently allowed to add your phone to Live Mesh.


    How do I join? Thanks.



    Joe,

    Have you clicked on the promo code link for your country (US or UK) in the blog post?  Please visit the blog from your computer, and click the appropriate link.  Let me know if that fixes it for you.

    Thanks,

    Ben.



    Hi Ben,

    I just did, and it's now working for me! Although I'm neither from US or UK. :D

    It must be because my Windows Live ID is US?
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 2:49 AM
  • I also get error: (Code: 410ab9aa-c133, 11/1/2008 1:07 AM)

    Very annoying.
    Please create a BETTER and WORKING way to sign up for the WM Beta.
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 8:08 AM
  • ivar.c said:

    I also get error: (Code: 410ab9aa-c133, 11/1/2008 1:07 AM)

    Very annoying.
    Please create a BETTER and WORKING way to sign up for the WM Beta.



    Hey, cut the additude ivar.c, it's a provilige to use the Mesh beta, not a right. Anyways, I was having the same issue but waited it out a day like a civ and now the great people of Mesh have fixed the problem. See the blog for the new promo link.
    Businesschild
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 11:24 PM
  • There is no new promo link. When I click on the link in the latest blog post, I get that error.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 2:28 PM
  • Hi Rob,

    Are you clicking the link from your computer (not your phone)?  Please see the first issue in our Known Issues sticky for more details.  Also, do you have your Country/Region set in your Live ID profile?

    Please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 8:00 PM
  • Ben,

    Yes, I have been clicking on the link from my PC as per the instructions.

    I did notice that my region was not set in my Live profile. I just set it to the US now. However, I still get an error when I click on the link from the blog. This is the error code:

    "Unknown Error.


    (Code: 6ca43842-62e0, 11/3/2008 12:32 PM)"

    Perhaps it takes a while for my region to be applied to my account?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    **EDIT**: It appears that yes, it did just take a little while for my update to affect my Live Mesh status. I can now access live mesh from my phone. Thanks Ben! Perhaps you should add this to your list of "Known Issues."
    • Edited by RobGC Monday, November 3, 2008 9:10 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2008 8:34 PM
  • I'm also getting this message:

    "Live Mesh is not available.
    Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh. "

    Is this due to my location? (Canada) Or are there simply not enough beta slots available? If that's the case, is there a notification when new slots are available?

    I'd really like to get involved with this project, as I have both XP and Vista computers and a Mac, as well as a WM6.1 smartphone. I work for a cellular dealership, so I have the ability to test this on numberous handsets as well.

    -Luke

    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:09 PM
  • Luke122 said:

    I'm also getting this message:

    "Live Mesh is not available.
    Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh. "

    Is this due to my location? (Canada) Or are there simply not enough beta slots available? If that's the case, is there a notification when new slots are available?

    I'd really like to get involved with this project, as I have both XP and Vista computers and a Mac, as well as a WM6.1 smartphone. I work for a cellular dealership, so I have the ability to test this on numberous handsets as well.

    -Luke



    Hi Luke,

    I'm afraid that Live Mesh for Mobile is currently available in the US and UK only, though we will add additional countries as soon as we are sure that the experience everyone will have is consistently very good.  We'll certainly let everyone know when Live Mesh for Mobile is more widely available, so keep your ears open!

    Thanks,

    Ben.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 9:18 PM
  • Yeah, well im from the UK and have been trying the UK promo link for days, still get the following error?


    Sorry, the Live Mesh Tech Preview is currently out of invitations. Please check back soon.


    (Code: e344a9dd-e0c9, 10/11/2008 13:47)



    So how many invitations were there? 10?  Please sort this out, its very annoying.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 9:47 PM
  • syfodyas said:

    Yeah, well im from the UK and have been trying the UK promo link for days, still get the following error?


    Sorry, the Live Mesh Tech Preview is currently out of invitations. Please check back soon.


    (Code: e344a9dd-e0c9, 10/11/2008 13:47)



    So how many invitations were there? 10?  Please sort this out, its very annoying.



    Hi,

    I'm sorry for the frustration.  Have you verified all the steps in the Known Issues sticky:

    Issue: I've installed the Live Mesh for Mobile client on my mobile device, but when I try to sign in I'm told there is limited availability, and I cannot add my device at this time.
    Workaround: In order to add your mobile device to your mesh, you must do both of the following: 
    1. Click on the appropriate promo code link (US or UK) from your computer (not your mobile device).
    2. Visit www.mesh.com from your computer (again, not from your mobile device) and add that device to your mesh from the Devices page.

    Note: Please make sure that your Country/Region is correctly set on your Live ID profile page (http://account.live.com).



    Also, are you using the promo link in the most recent blog post?  Please let me know, and I'll try to help you get this sorted out.

    Thanks,

    Ben.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 10:46 PM
  • well thats the problem. Im pretty much stuck on the first step. I have signed up for live mesh, have the desktop client installed, but when I click on the promo link for the UK Mobile client, it says there are no invitations left.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:18 AM
  • syfodyas said:

    well thats the problem. Im pretty much stuck on the first step. I have signed up for live mesh, have the desktop client installed, but when I click on the promo link for the UK Mobile client, it says there are no invitations left.



    Hi,

    I'm sorry to say that the tech preview for Live Mesh for Mobile is full in the UK, but we'll be adding additional spots as soon as we can.  I hope you'll give it another shot once we have more space available, and I do apologize for the frustration: it may have been that we were already full when you first tried signing up (though I didn't think that was the case, since you'd been trying for days).  Please keep your eyes on the forums and we'll let you know when more spots are available.

    Thanks,

    Ben.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:36 PM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

    syfodyas said:

    well thats the problem. Im pretty much stuck on the first step. I have signed up for live mesh, have the desktop client installed, but when I click on the promo link for the UK Mobile client, it says there are no invitations left.



    Hi,

    I'm sorry to say that the tech preview for Live Mesh for Mobile is full in the UK, but we'll be adding additional spots as soon as we can.  I hope you'll give it another shot once we have more space available, and I do apologize for the frustration: it may have been that we were already full when you first tried signing up (though I didn't think that was the case, since you'd been trying for days).  Please keep your eyes on the forums and we'll let you know when more spots are available.

    Thanks,

    Ben.



    And when exactly will that be? This is incredibly frustrating - do you understand that? I dont have the time to check the blog dozens of time every day for the off chance that you open another meagre dozen slots or so. This nonsense is making me lose enthusiasm in this product fast.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:01 AM
  • Thanks for the answer on the location limitation Ben.  I appreciate the response! :)

    Well, I eagerly await the opening of the mobile client beta to Canadians. :) In the meantime, I'll try to add my Mac when I get home in half an hour or so.

    Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:14 AM
  • We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

    While the vast majority of users were able to successfully use Live Mesh on their WM phones, there were a few who encountered device/network specific issues. At this time, we're analyzing the feedback received. As soon as we've addressed the issues our users encountered, we'll be expanding the user participation and opening the Community Technology Preview to more users. We still have openings in the current round of the CTP for users with a US-registered Live ID.

    In the meantime, you can also access Live Mesh from your WM phone by pointing the browser to m.mesh.com.
    • Edited by Santosh Chandwani Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:49 PM including wap reference
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:39 PM
  • Hi Ben,

    That's a disappointment.  Same thing as live search, huh?  No love for Canadians I guess.. hehehe

    Oh well, guess I'll uninstall Live Mesh as well until the service is available here. 

    Seems Like all these "Live" services are only US & UK!  ; )
     
    Looks really interesting, but need mobile file sync, not PC.  Have a domain, so my PC's and laptops are already synced.

    Is there some kind of newsletter I can sign up for to be notified? or do I have to just drop by every month or so (assuming the delay will be,  again... like live search...)  ; )

    Thanks...
    Monday, November 17, 2008 3:33 AM
  • Mael-X said:

    Hi Ben,

    That's a disappointment.  Same thing as live search, huh?  No love for Canadians I guess.. hehehe

    Oh well, guess I'll uninstall Live Mesh as well until the service is available here. 

    Seems Like all these "Live" services are only US & UK!  ; )
     
    Looks really interesting, but need mobile file sync, not PC.  Have a domain, so my PC's and laptops are already synced.

    Is there some kind of newsletter I can sign up for to be notified? or do I have to just drop by every month or so (assuming the delay will be,  again... like live search...)  ; )

    Thanks...



    Hi,

    Probably the easiest way to keep up-to-speed on new developments would be to subscribe to our blog's RSS feed (or similar).

    Thanks for your interest.  We hope to have Live Mesh for Mobile worldwide as soon as possible. :)

    Ben.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 5:52 PM
  •  is the US full as well?  on the blog it says only the UK is?
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:22 PM