CRM 4.0 AutoNumber and Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• My company is currently upgrading from 4.0 to 2013 however due to budget constraints there are some areas of the business which are still working on 4.0 (furthest point from ideal I know!)<o:p></o:p>

At present I have in Opportunities an Opportunity Type field which has various options including 'Room Booking'. <o:p></o:p>

When Room Booking is selected and the opportunity saved I have an auto-number which generates for correspondence purposes.<o:p></o:p>

As we also use the Service Calendar for the room bookings (to ensure there isn't a double booking) I have set up a workflow to create an opportunity when the service calendar appointment is created.<o:p></o:p>

Unfortunately the workflow and the auto-number facilities seem to clash and my development guys say there isn't a fix to this and suggest we just do the ID number manually.<o:p></o:p>

Not to second guess my dev guys, but is this really the case or is there a way around the problem?

Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:39 AM

All replies

• I hope I've understood this, but are you creating an opportunity with a workflow that, once created, an autonumber plug in is filling in one of the fields?

If that's the case, then this should work and there's going to be something else that's causing this to fail. When you're creating the record, are you putting data into all mandatory fields?

Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:56 AM