Microsoft Security Essentials has been turned off and i cant get onto any Microsoft sites, RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Security Essentials has been turned off and i cant get onto any Microsoft sites on My Vista Lap top, i cant open any spyware to do a scan and it wont let me Download any Scans apart from one (Super Anti Spyware) that said the Reg had been changed on the Microsoft Security Essentials (Trojan.win 32. Geneic BT), i got it fixed by the scan but as soon as it was fixed it went again, Ive been into the new files and deleted anything from the date it went but still nothing, Ive tried a New Restore Point but it wont let me go past that Date it went, Microsoft Updates wont work either. Any Fix Tools out there that you know apart from Microsoft Fix It as that wont work as well. PS i don't have the Install disk to do a complete re start to factory settings either, and cant seem to do it on a manual side as it just keeps sending me back to the last Restore and i need it past that !! Any ideas Please to whats going on as I'm limited on my computer knollage but it cant be that hard to get it back to factory setting and just do a Re Vamp on the lap top so i can get Microsoft Essentials back on.

Many Thanks

Arran

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:18 PM